Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wyvernspirit

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
Massachusetts
Was happening to me, sometimes it would start to load, I was able to select one of the options on the bottom, if I was quick. This allowed it to load. If I select the today tab it would crash. The other tabs seemed to work, only the today tab Crashed

murdoc2k

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2009
I had this issue as well on my M1 iPad Pro 12.9. The issue seems to have been addressed now. I thought I was crazy or something.

Icemaiden

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2022
iPad Pro 12.9 (M1)

The App Store crashes immediately when opening the app.

Any others experiencing this issue??

View attachment 1996247
Restarting the iPad didn't help. The bug only happens when i'm opening regularly, with the 'Today' tab, but when i open it with the search option it works just fine and all rest of the tabs works. Is this happening with anyone else and is there a way to fix it?

dsusanj

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2008
Restarting the iPad didn't help. The bug only happens when i'm opening regularly, with the 'Today' tab, but when i open it with the search option it works just fine and all rest of the tabs works. Is this happening with anyone else and is there a way to fix it?
This was fixed and should work for you by now.

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
*NEW UPDATE
Open in portrait mode

LotusPilot found a work around

open an App Store link and you can get in, they’re guessing it’s the app home page crashing things;
it has to be an app available in your country

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/instagram/id389801252
This odd bug seems to be back (Dec 3rd, 2022) First time I experienced this.

Landscape = App Store immediate crash.

PORTRAIT mode is fine

(Running iPadOS 16.1.1 on 2015 iPad Pro 12.9")

Reactions: TheMasterTerrarian

Bootleg2go

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2011
This odd bug seems to be back (Dec 3rd, 2022) First time I experienced this.

Landscape = App Store immediate crash.

PORTRAIT mode is fine

(Running iPadOS 16.1.1 on 2015 iPad Pro 12.9")
My 2021 ipad pro is doing this today with latest update 16.1.1, it worked a couple days ago with the current firmware. Something at the app store is broken, just like before. It works in portrait mode

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.