Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
I got my AirPods Pro 2 about 7 months ago and have noticed within the past few weeks that ambient noise seems to be more noticeable that before. I use the large tips which passes the ear sound test but with use have become shiny in appearance on the outside. I just ordered replacement tips from Apple and I hope this resolves this issue. Sound quality is still fantastic.

SBlue1

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2008
I have the same issue. The noise cancelling is really bad. It used to be great now it just plainly sucks. I noticed it recently when I was in the subway, I had the feeling the ANC is turned way down. Got home and turned on airplane cabin noise on the Apple TV and there is almost no reduction. The fit test said to adjust the AirPods or use different tips but nothing helps. I bought replacement tips cause I thought maybe the rubber tips are worn out after a few years. Same results.

I think it's either a hardware problem like dirt in the mics or a software problem like a bad firmware update or Apple secretly tuning down the ANC to save battery life. I have no solution and I am pissed about this since the AirPods were the best in ear headphones I ever owned. Now they are junk. I was considering upgrading to Beats or AirPods Max but I just don't trust Apple anymore.

Reactions: whsbuss
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.