Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kottu

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
What I love about AirPod Pros is (was) transparent mode. It was so good that I sometimes had to touch it to check if I was wearing them. But, since the latest updates, transparent mode and noise cancelling mode isn’t so much different. I have to check sometimes in my phone to make sure that it is in transparent mode. Do anyone else notice this?

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
They are different for me, noticeably. Although I've just been using the new Adaptive option for the most part.

For most sounds, Adaptive does a great job. There are a few occasions that I will switch to ANC but those aren't as often as I did when just using Transparency.

whiteonline

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2011
California, USA
What I love about AirPod Pros is (was) transparent mode. It was so good that I sometimes had to touch it to check if I was wearing them. But, since the latest updates, transparent mode and noise cancelling mode isn’t so much different. I have to check sometimes in my phone to make sure that it is in transparent mode. Do anyone else notice this?
On my first gen AirPod Pros, the transparent mode is terrible in comparison. I wish there was a way to roll back the updates.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.