Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

128keaton

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
Apple Cider
'The PowerPC Mac's preferred flavour of Minecraft servers'

Server Information:
Address: play.128keaton.com
Version: 1.5.1
World: Earf.
Server Status:
http://128keaton.com/applecider/

Minecraft app for PowerPC (thanks Surrat/Mike)

Hardware:
2.66GHz Core2Quad, 8GB of RAM, 1TB of Storage, and an NVIDIA 8800GS.
All running in a full size Fractal Design black pearl case with 12 fans and an Arctic heatsink.
Running 12.04 LTS Ubuntu Server.

##TODO:
Create a webend to see server status

Current Events:
We need a new spawn, the current one isn't very nice. Submit your design ideas below!

Current Events:
Hey, if the server goes down, just email (or iMessage) me at keaton.burleson@me.com
Extra kudos:

Surrat for the McMyAdmin key and the Minecraft launcher.​

Last edited:

tevion5

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2011
Ireland
Album -> http://imgur.com/a/1f9As

Hey! Hey you! You like Minecraft, right? Well, we got it! Welcome to MacRumor's PowerPC Minecraft server (horrible name, new one?). Currently, its a 10 player server hosted from my house on a P4 Dell machine with 4GB of RAM. If you experience any downtime, email me at keaton.burleson@me.com

Yippee, I'll be there in a jiffy! :D

----------

horrible name, new one?

Nothing wrong at all, but it could be abbreviated to the assonance enriched:

"The PPC MC"

:p

----------

Now I may be blind, but I do not see an address? o_O

PowerMac G4 MDD

macrumors 68000
Jul 13, 2014
Hey Keaton, I went on last weekend. I may be on a little bit this weekend to get started! I certainly would not want to miss out, and I can't wait to play there. (I cannot play much this week/weekend, as I have...gulp...finals next week).

Name... hmm... PPCraft? xD

128keaton

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
Hey Keaton, I went on last weekend. I may be on a little bit this weekend to get started! I certainly would not want to miss out, and I can't wait to play there. (I cannot play much this week/weekend, as I have...gulp...finals next week).

Name... hmm... PPCraft? xD

Ooh, I really love PPCraft. Makes sense and is very nice. I'm still looking for server 'ideas' as what to build and whatnot.

PowerMac G4 MDD

macrumors 68000
Jul 13, 2014
Ooh, I really love PPCraft. Makes sense and is very nice. I'm still looking for server 'ideas' as what to build and whatnot.

Thanks, I kinda like it too. (but not if it's said aloud xD). As I said, I may come on this weekend and will contribute some ideas. I'll provide some cool ideas for the main town. (I like to call it "downtown").

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2014
Aww... at first I thought this was hosted on a PowerMac but it is hosted on a crappy ol' Dell. Oh well still cool

tevion5

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2011
Ireland
How's about this for a spawn point!

apple1_296128.jpg

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2014
Woo! And I Iike PPCraft, it's a very appropriate name

What would someone think if you told them about a server with that name in-person? It would sound like "pee pee craft" and they would probably think it is some sort of....... disgusting place. It needs to be "pee pee see craft" which is spelled "PPCCraft." But I think there are too many server names ending in "craft."

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2014
I have an idea for a name... A name that has something to do with apples (Macintosh) and coffee (Java). Hmm...
What do you get when you dip an apple in a cup of coffee? Whatever that is would be a good name...

128keaton

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
I have an idea for a name... A name that has something to do with apples (Macintosh) and coffee (Java). Hmm...
What do you get when you dip an apple in a cup of coffee? Whatever that is would be a good name...

Puke? Hmm, AppleLatte? SoyApple? iJava (kidding!)? MineMac? PowerCraft.||e Craft. SoyTart (I like this one actually.)

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2014
Puke? Hmm, AppleLatte? SoyApple? iJava (kidding!)? MineMac? PowerCraft.||e Craft. SoyTart (I like this one actually.)

I like MineMac and PowerCraft.

I just got another idea about a name, whose abbreviation spells out "P.P.C." I was thinking Phantastic Power Craft or Phisher Price Craft but that is just stupid. Any ideas?

----------

Keaton why is the server always down? Everytime I try to connect it is down.

128keaton

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
I like MineMac and PowerCraft.

I just got another idea about a name, whose abbreviation spells out "P.P.C." I was thinking Phantastic Power Craft or Phisher Price Craft but that is just stupid. Any ideas?

----------

Keaton why is the server always down? Everytime I try to connect it is down.
Or P.M.S (powerpc minecraft server) :D HAHA.

tevion5

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2011
Ireland
Speaking of which, why don't you host this server on a Powerpc? I thought you did at first but you host it on a Dell. A Powermac G5 would handle it well.

No it would not. PPC only has support for Java 5 and Mojang stopped supporting PPC years ago I'm afraid. The G5 has the power, but not the software.

Besides, I don;t think anybody would like to leave a G5 running 24/7...

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2014
No it would not. PPC only has support for Java 5 and Mojang stopped supporting PPC years ago I'm afraid. The G5 has the power, but not the software.

There are ways to install Java 6 on Tiger/Leopard. You could also install Ubuntu.

128keaton

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
There are ways to install Java 6 on Tiger/Leopard. You could also install Ubuntu.

Trust me man, i've tried. Plus a G5 will heat my room/suck electricity. This P4 isn't too bad, its small and bulletproof. My 'workflow' machines aren't all Macs, my server is a Dell (stated), my gaming machine is a custom PC, and my main machine is a MacPro1,1 (which I want to get new CPUs and a new video card for it.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.