Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pectin232

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 22, 2008
I believe the king of all of them is the Magic Keyboard for the current ipad and Pros M2 and Air M1. I wonder if many are using the Magic Keyboard $299 and $349. Price is high but I feel it a little hard to fork out that... since 1-2 yrs one probably have to upgrade again. Anyone using others besides the Apple ones and how are they? I hear Zagg, Logitech and some others are good on Amazon. I sometimes wonder if reviews on Amazon are 6-80% fakes?

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
I had the Logitech but prefer the Apple keyboards. The Magic Keyboard gets the most use with its excellent keyboard and trackpad, but I do sometimes switch to the Smart Keyboard Folio when I want hold the iPad in hand for reading.

bondr006

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2010
Cary, NC - My Name is Rob Bond
I believe the king of all of them is the Magic Keyboard for the current ipad and Pros M2 and Air M1. I wonder if many are using the Magic Keyboard $299 and $349. Price is high but I feel it a little hard to fork out that... since 1-2 yrs one probably have to upgrade again. Anyone using others besides the Apple ones and how are they? I hear Zagg, Logitech and some others are good on Amazon. I sometimes wonder if reviews on Amazon are 6-80% fakes?
To me, the Logitech Combo Touch is the king, and the Magic Keyboard is a second rate runner up. I tried both the Magic Keyboard (MKB) and the Logitech Combo Touch (LCT) when I first got my M1 iPad Pro 11 back in Nov 2021. I returned the MKB and have been using the LCT ever since with no regrets and no intensions of ever getting a MKB.

I have had my LCT for going on two years now and still love it. It is standing up well to a lot of use. Has fully protected my iPad Pro from three drops now without a mark or malfunction on the LCT. The thing is built tough and fully protects my iPad.

Like the MKB, the LCT has the smart connector so you do not have to worry about charging it, or having to depend on a Bluetooth connection. It easily detaches from the keyboard while still giving my iPad protection and a fully adjustable kickstand.

The typing experience is A#1, and the bigger multitouch trackpad has all the gestures we Apple folk are used too. It is smooth, and clicks anywhere on the trackpad. I have not experienced any hiccups with the trackpad or keyboard.

Things I would miss if I had to give up the LCT.

1. Protection on all the edges.
2. Being able to remove the backlit keyboard and still have iPad protected in a case with an adjustable kickstand.
3. The larger, multi touch click anywhere track pad. It's frigging amazing.
4. The material the MKB is made of splits, rips, smudges and marks up easily. The LCT material is tough and does not.
5. And last but not least, the really convenient full row of iPadOS shortcut keys, which the MKB does not have.

I would not hesitate recommending the LCT to anyone looking for a great keyboard case for their iPad Pro. I have not had anything but a good experience with it, and many other Logitech products for over two decades.

IMG_1356.jpg

bob_zz123

macrumors regular
Nov 23, 2017
I know people do love the Magic Keyboard but for me, it's all about the Combo Touch. I've had it for a couple of years and it's always been really reliable, great typing experience, good trackpad. The keyboard backlighting I'd say is "just okay" but it does the job if necessary.

I'd really miss the protection if I switched to the MK. With the Combo Touch I feel like I can put my iPad in my bag without having to worry about an extra sleeve for it. I don't think I'd be comfortable doing that with just the MK.

Some days I think should I buy a "spare" in case Logitech discontinues them... although at £200 it's an expensive spare. And there's nothing wrong with mine (knock on wood!)

And Apple like the design so much they plagiarised it for their 10th gen iPad! :D

Reactions: ATC and bondr006
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.