Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

commanderclif

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2012
Florida
I'm not sure if same situation, but I ran in to similar issue why using Sonoma Beta. I've had the "Move to...." icon in my toolbar in Mail for ever. Then after an update it had become a single unnamed folder icon that served as a drop down with no suggestion for a folder. I thought it was gone. However when I went in to customize toolbar, there are now TWO icons called move. My original Move to.. had become its own new menu bar icon while the original was now defaulting to the forced dropdown pick view. I hope that helps someone having a similar issue.

Reactions: Squiduser

Squiduser

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2023
Oh wow, this was so helpful and it prompted me to join this forum so I could thank you! Now this is sorted for me and hopefully others! 👍🏼

nacinla

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2022
@nacinla - I created an account here at MacRumors, just to reply to you.

Thank you for all of your efforts in trying to resolve this.

I have been a Mac user for 30+ years. I have many many gigs of email across multiple Gmail/iCloud accounts, spanning almost 15 years.

That predictive mailbox feature was INCREDIBLE–when it worked. It worked for me for maybe the first 6-12 months after they rolled it out. Then it broke–I have no idea why–and it has never worked again. So, for the past 3-4 (or more?) years I keep checking the web to see if anyone has figured it out.

Rules are not the answer for me. I would need 100+ rules to tame my mailboxes.

So, I keep using the dropdown or right-click "move to" command and scroll through my hundreds of mailboxes/folders. Time consuming and painful for a guy in his mid-fifties.

At this point, I'm assuming it'll never get resolved. Too few people saw the benefit to cause enough outrcy to get it attention.

But, thank you again for sticking to it.

Peace and Blessings
Just now seeing this message, so sorry for not responding sooner. Thanks for checking in! Sorry to hear you're having the same issue. Meanwhile, the third? fourth? anniversary of my first reporting this issue to Apple has passed. I'm on a new M3 using Sonoma; same issue. I've spoken to two more eager Apple phone reps and ... nothing. Nada. No solution.

• Sad
Reactions: katbel
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.