Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

addamas

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2016
Not receiving alert tone when mail arrive. Happen on iOS & iPad iO. All notifications are set.
When you go to Notification settings and inside Mail scroll down to last setting ( Customize Notifications ) - is there iCloud set up to have required notifications?

I have this setting Gmail + iCloud

Attachments

• IMG_1124.png
    IMG_1124.png
    124.7 KB · Views: 52

BBuff

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2011
I'm not getting any mail retrieved for my iCloud and an IMAP account on iOS17 B2 while I am getting email for the same accounts on iPadOS17 B2. Both gave some weird DNS error message once, but hasn't shown up again.

BBuff

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2011
My issue appears to be related to iCloud mail. Disabling that allows me to get email through my other account.

jvaska

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2002
I have two accounts (of the same domain) in my Mail app (IMAP). One of them was greyed out and inaccessible but I could still get the messages from the combined Inbox. So, I deleted that account and set it up again - now, it's not greyed out but I still am not allowed to access it - and I can get the messages from the combined Inbox. Sometimes, it won't receive messages - there was a two hour period where it just wouldn't work (email on my laptop was just fine so it's not the server). Mail seems very buggy...anybody else have issues like mine?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.