Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mark.g4

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 13, 2023
Good morning, I'm looking for a plug-in for Apple Music that allows for a VU meter display.
Do you have any suggestions?
Thank you.

Mark.g4

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 13, 2023
Thank you for the response, I had this feeling. Do you have any particular software to suggest? I would like to have them on the screen because the alternative would be to buy two physical VU meters, with a PCB with the circuits and connect them to the audio output or the amplifier and then position them under the monitor or above the amplifier.
I've seen that VU meters are available at reasonable prices.

MajorFubar

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2021
Lancashire UK
The only things I've seen are physical VU meters that are driven by a line input on the back. They usually have an audio passthrough but I'd avoid using it because I would expect it will compromise the SQ. Just use the Recorder Out / Tape Out sockets on your amp.

Reactions: Mark.g4

Mark.g4

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 13, 2023
thank you so much.
I found a pair of vu-meters to connect to the power output of the amplifier, in parallel with the speakers and powered at 12 volts. I'm thinking of purchasing them and placing a small box under the monitor.

Reactions: MajorFubar
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.