Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

manofthematch

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2021
I'm having some strange issues with 14.5:

- New windows open in the background instead of foreground from time to time. Focus bug?
- Mouse gestures partially don't work anymore (configured with Logi Options+)
- The app "Monitor Control" isn't able to control my monitors anymore.

Anyone else experiencing these problems?

Monotremata

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2019
Fontana, CA
Interesting, M1 iMac literally updated in three minutes, no issue.

Same experience here on an M2 Pro Mini. Update went as smooth as it normally does. Updated the whole house at once, 2 Macs, 2 iPhones, iPad Pro, two Apple TV's. Nothing imploded, no black holes opened up, everything's working as usual took about 15 minutes for the whole lot to finish.

• Wow
Reactions: TJFDenver

jimimac71

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2019
California
It definitely is unfortunate at times.
DarkSky for android for example.
Both of my tablets are Samsung and I use their weather app on my home screen.
I'm converting to Linux on my PC and realize there are things I will have to do different.
The way I see it, Apple TV+ is available, using the Apple TV app, on numerous platforms, including my cable box.
Why not Apple News+?
I suppose Steve Jobs would do the same thing.

stinksroundhere

Suspended
May 10, 2024
The only reason I can think of why the head of software wasn't fired years ago, is that he must have some rather compromising photos/info on Mr Cook.

The fact you can't name him shows how ignorant you are.

This so called 'head of software' you are talking about has been around for decades and was at NeXT with Steve Jobs. His leadership and his skills are higher than anyone you can mention in the whole of tech. Every 'head of software' wishes they could be like him.

• Haha
Reactions: eas

nt5672

macrumors 68040
Jun 30, 2007
Midwest USA
The only reason I can think of why the head of software wasn't fired years ago, is that he must have some rather compromising photos/info on Mr Cook.
Or it could be that Cook just does not understand the long term damage being done to the brand.

Cook's idea of the future is 3 months, 1 quarter. That's it. Oh and the KeyNote.

What we will see from here on out, is sales quantities down, prices up, and profits up, right until there is not enough sales. AKA Nokia. But, Cook will be retired or fired by then and it will be just the loyal users who suffer.

loopi77

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2017
so, 5 Point-Releases in, and every time hope for release notes include
"Fixes a common problem where MacBook Pro devices - while in clamshell mode and connected to Thunderbolt docking station with 2 or more external displays - drive users insane when wake the Mac from sleep. If you didn't lose your mind completely by suffering the random left or right display wake ping pong torture you should be able to use your workspace gear as you did the last decade again."

MaGF

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2021
Disappointed that some Wi-Fi country codes still do not allow 6GHz networks, despite the fact that these countries or regions have already approved the use of Wi-Fi 6e! Apple please update your supported channel lists according to Wi-Fi Alliance’s up-to-date list: https://www.wi-fi.org/regulations-enabling-6-ghz-wi-fi

Otherwise none of our Wi-Fi 6e-capable Apple devices will be able to benefit from the 6GHz band.

temhawk

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2010
Hello, I came here to see what's in this update. Is there a reason the settings app no longer shows this information?

update-panel.png

JohannesO

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2022
so, 5 Point-Releases in, and every time hope for release notes include
"Fixes a common problem where MacBook Pro devices - while in clamshell mode and connected to Thunderbolt docking station with 2 or more external displays - drive users insane when wake the Mac from sleep. If you didn't lose your mind completely by suffering the random left or right display wake ping pong torture you should be able to use your workspace gear as you did the last decade again."

Yes,

IMG_2912 Kopie.jpg

but it always works out somehow in the end. 🤪

IMG_2914 Kopie.jpg

13astion

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2010
Meanwhile, in the latest Linux kernel update:

- Improved support for Intel Arc chips and 4th gen Xeon CPUs
- Mainline support for M1 Pro/Max/Ultra chips
- Foundational work for new WiFi standards and networking
- support for a bunch of different hardware accessories, chips, and file-systems

In the latest Windows 11 update:

- Improved voice control
- Better passkey support
- Better backup solutions via Windows backup

In macOS 14.5:

- a daily word game...?
- crossword scoreboard...???
Since it is unlikely that you will see the update to my earlier comment, just an addendum to your extreme whinging...

Leading into Global Accessibility Awareness Day, Apple *has* announced even *more* accessibility support (just like last year 🙄).

Feel foolish?

sideshowuniqueuser

macrumors 68030
Mar 20, 2016
******** and against best practices even. If you would do that people would stop updating, update-fatique. This is what's happening on windows, and why they have forced updates every few weeks. It's a great productivity killer. Since almost all users are not under attack by a nation state these fixes can be rolled out on a relaxed schedule.
You shouldn't need a full massive update for this, it should just be a patch that is a small download, and a quick install, replacing a small part of the OS. There should be no fatigue.

sideshowuniqueuser

macrumors 68030
Mar 20, 2016
The fact you can't name him shows how ignorant you are.

This so called 'head of software' you are talking about has been around for decades and was at NeXT with Steve Jobs. His leadership and his skills are higher than anyone you can mention in the whole of tech. Every 'head of software' wishes they could be like him.
Golf clap.

pauclaude

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2008
With version 14.4 Macrumors reports these bugs:

1. USB Hub and Monitor Ports - Lost Connectivity
  2. Java Processes - Unexpected Terminations
  3. Printer Operation - Removed or Corrupted Drivers
  4. iCloud Drive - Destroys Saved Versions

The first two would have been corrected with 14.4.1.
Does anyone know if they are all correct with 14.5? I still have 14.1.2 but I'm afraid to make the upgrade ...

Ray2

macrumors 65816
Jul 8, 2014
I keep hoping I find a reason to upgrade from Monterey. So far I haven't.

turbineseaplane

macrumors P6
Mar 19, 2008
I keep hoping I find a reason to upgrade from Monterey. So far I haven't.

I love Monterey (and Ventura)

I run Monte on my 2015 15" MBP and Ventura on my Hackintosh

I admit that I love going into SysPrefs on Monterey
It's still so much better than the SysSettings abominatino

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.