Apple Says iOS 17.5 Coming 'Soon' With These New Features for iPhones

rjp1

macrumors 6502a
Apple says the developer must be a member of the Apple Developer Program for two continuous years or more, and have an app that had more than one million annual installs on iOS
Okay EU - do your thing where you force them to get closer, but still continue to make up ridiculous rules.

keiffers

macrumors newbie
Looking at what is believed to be coming with 17.5, none of these really apply to most users - some might like it and that's ok, but geeez instead of adding new features, Apple really needs to concentrate on bug fixes for awhile. I'm STILL experiencing problems with Wifi dropping on my iPhone 12 Pro Max. I have reset the network, rebooted, dropped all Wifi connections and re-added them, even put the phone back to factory yet the problem still exists. It happens on multiple Wifi connections which tells me it's the OS that is the problem. I've had this problem with numerous iterations of the OS, and knowing Apple I'll probably still experience it after iOS 18 comes out

yukari

macrumors 6502a
I wonder if my iPad Mini 5 will be able to show the Battery Health data -- I'm super curious about it.

My battery life has totally tanked in the last few months

It's really adding to my frustration about no new iPad Mini 7 yet
Download CocoNut Battery app on your Mac and use that to check any iOS device's battery health.

coconutBattery.app on macOS connect your iPad via USB -- unless someone else has said it. Pulls all the iPad battery data, including manufacturer, total age, cycle count, and capacity, and health.

I think Apple wanted to originally remove the need to obsess over battery health, by lowering the iPhone clock speed to account for battery loss. Until people got upset with that, and made a lawsuit out of it.

Personally, I had no issue with my iPhone or iPad running slower, but still giving me 18hrs of battery life, for example. No need to play a intensive 3D game with my battery at 18% like all the online-screaming bad battery performance vids.

Now though, my iPhoneSE2020 with 99% battery life after 8 months, is doing fine, I use a hardware timer-switch so the phone only charges for 15 or 30min at a time, never running over or needing Apple's software, and keeps between 80-20% respectively.

Good luck!
This is what I do if I want to know the battery health on my iPad. I back up my iPad to my Mac once every few months, and that's when I check the battery health state using CocoNut Battery app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.