Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
latest iOS, iPadOS and macOS will be released after iPad release - 15 may
Most here on the forum believe it will be released on Monday, May 13th. What makes you believe it will be released on the 15th instead? The new iPads must be shipping with the new versions already installed on them

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
No way. Definitely be before ipad release.
Exactly. The new iPads are going to come with the latest upcoming update pre-installed on them so it must be before the 15th. The only two options are either tomorrow or Tuesday. Now, Logic Pro 11 is coming out tomorrow for the Mac so I have a feeling we might see all the new updates tomorrow (iOS, macOS,iPadOS, tvOS..)

Why would they release logic pro 11 tomorrow and macOS update on Tuesday? Why would they wait a day? Doesn’t make sense

sdf

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2004
Most last minute instances are related to last moment security patches, or a compile error with the installer.
Generally, release candidates are not held for security vulnerabilities unless they are introduced by the release candidate. If it’s an existing problem, Apple will ship it and release the security fix shortly after.

I know this not only because I’ve watched it happen, but because I’ve been the reporter several times.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.