Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macfacts

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 7, 2012
Cybertron
I'm trying to update an app on a ipad, the YouTube app and it keeps telling me I entered a wrong apple id password, despite me just changing it on a iPhone (by picking "forgot password" on the iPad). The apple store was no help, they just gave me a 1800 number. Terrible service, no better than Samsung which don't have physical stores.

Reactions: smorrissey

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
I'm trying to update an app on a ipad, the YouTube app and it keeps telling me I entered a wrong apple id password, despite me just changing it on a iPhone (by picking "forgot password" on the iPad). The apple store was no help, they just gave me a 1800 number. Terrible service, no better than Samsung which don't have physical stores.
The Apple store support is there primarily to identify or fix hardware issues.

You’ll be far better served speaking to someone online, as was obviously suggested by Apple themselves.

The Apple Support App does the same thing.

Did you make an appointment with them knowing this issue? if so I’m surprised they’d have told you to come on in - with Covid they’re doing as much as possibly to limit personally contact and this is something I’d be shocked they’d have even suggested you come in to the store for.

macfacts

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 7, 2012
Cybertron
If I phoned in, they wouldn't know my apple id password. I was thinking in person, they can witness me changing the password and it not working.

In the end I reset/reinstall iOS on the iPad, "the Microsoft Windows fix". Apple has gone downhill. Their software and services are no better than the competition.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Maybe logging out would have solved it but I think it’s also a sign of account safety if the retail folks in a shop don’t have access to my password.

Reactions: max2 and TiggrToo

Espe

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
Geez, I would of walked you to a rivals store if I was apple.

jdavid_rp

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2020
If I phoned in, they wouldn't know my apple id password. I was thinking in person, they can witness me changing the password and it not working.

In the end I reset/reinstall iOS on the iPad, "the Microsoft Windows fix". Apple has gone downhill. Their software and services are no better than the competition.
Yeah, release the rage lol.

Maybe you had two accounts? I think some time ago iTunes and AppleID were two different things and you could use both in the same device (when you setup a device there is something about it) so maybe it was asking for the password of the other account?

Sword86

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2012
Last time I called was to get Aircare switched from my carrier to .
Stellar support IMO. S

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Yeah, release the rage lol.

Maybe you had two accounts? I think some time ago iTunes and AppleID were two different things and you could use both in the same device (when you setup a device there is something about it) so maybe it was asking for the password of the other account?

That was always the Apple ID.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Yes, I was wrong on that, but you actually can have two Apple ID on the same device, one for iCloud and one for the App Store. You can see the info in this discussion on the apple forums: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8129136

So maybe it was the case of OP, two different accounts and trying the password of the other one

Good point, an Apple ID mess up is a possibility of course! Thanks much for your reply!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.