Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Magic Johnson

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2020
Seems to be all carriers if you look in the forum. If all carriers, must be Apple, no? Not pointing fingers, just wondering where the issue resides to get it fixed (squeaky wheel). Either carriers, Apple or just a large amount of phones trying to activate at once.
same issue here in Chicago but home delivered, not store pick up. TMobile trying to set up from my X

RollTide_King

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2017
I am stuck at the screen where it shows my phone number and it is asking for confirmation. When I hit the next button nothing happens

Lsmachado

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2018
Texas
I am stuck at the screen where it shows my phone number and it is asking for confirmation. When I hit the next button nothing happens
Hello. Check this thread. Some people have found a solution it seems.

KoToNaS

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 17, 2016
same issue here in Chicago but home delivered, not store pick up. TMobile trying to set up from my X
at least you got your phone lol they're refusing to give even box in my hands to look at it without completing that step

RollTide_King

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2017
Hello. Check this thread. Some people have found a solution it seems.
Life saver... iTunes worked like a charm. Couldn't remember the last time I plugged my phone into my MacBook for iTunes lol

Reactions: Lsmachado

garygrunson

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2020
I have a T-Mobile iphone 12 brick here, just deliver, stuck on the phone number page and can't continue set up. Restarted and tried to do manual but still stuck on phone number screen and the "Next" link does not work

Magic Johnson

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2020
OK, as suggested elsewhere, I restarted my old phone (X), and switched off the wifi, and so that got me past the confirm this is your phone number but it has been hung up on"it may take a few minutes to activate your iPhone" for >15 minutes

Magic Johnson

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2020
OK, as suggested elsewhere, I restarted my old phone (X), and switched off the wifi, and so that got me past the confirm this is your phone number but it has been hung up on"it may take a few minutes to activate your iPhone" for >15 minutes
so I started both phones again, and everything went like clockwork in a couple of minutes. Go figure

jetydosa

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2015
I ended up calling Tmobile and they activated the phone in a matter of minutes. None of the other fixes worked for me. :shrug

kevjen888

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
are people still having this issue? activating Tmobile on iphone 12s ordered through Apple to be specific?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.