Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chrisjmv

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 9, 2016
Hello, I have an Apple Studio Display and would like to know if there is the possibility to operate the display with a Windows PC, unfortunately I have found no meaningful instructions on how exactly this works, nor which cable is needed for this exactly?

The Apple Studio Display is to be connected to a RTX 4090 (have so far only read that there is a BELKIN VR cable where also webcam, speakers of the Apple Studio Display "supposed" to work) - has anyone ever tried this "venture" or know if this is even possible?

Chrisjmv

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 9, 2016
still did not find any cable that would work on amazon.de, bought a bi-directional USB-C to Display Port but no display Support coming up, so what to do?

CanPhantom

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2014
You need either a thunderbolt 4 cable (the PC also needs to have thunderbolt), OR you need a displayport to thunderbolt 4 cable, with the DP end plugged into your PC. If you use the latter, you will have no control over the monitor's configuration (brightness, etc).

afallnstar

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2007
Seattle
Can you share more about your PC setup? I’ve been running a Studio Display with my PC without issue.

My setup works using the USB-C port from my Radeon RX 7900 XTX. I also have a thunderbolt card installed. It takes the GPU signal from the display port cable and converts it to TB4. That also works (I’ve used them interchangeably).

Installing bootcamp drivers allowed me to control the brightness.

Re: cables - it sounds like you need the proper display port to usb-c cable. Can you confirm that the cables you purchased are display port 1.4?

yotamGR

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2023
Can you share more about your PC setup? I’ve been running a Studio Display with my PC without issue.

My setup works using the USB-C port from my Radeon RX 7900 XTX. I also have a thunderbolt card installed. It takes the GPU signal from the display port cable and converts it to TB4. That also works (I’ve used them interchangeably).

Installing bootcamp drivers allowed me to control the brightness.

Re: cables - it sounds like you need the proper display port to usb-c cable. Can you confirm that the cables you purchased are display port 1.4?
Hey there, i own a 3080 Nevidia geforce and a x5070 Aorus master.
do you happend to know what cable would i need to connect the Apple studio on 5K ?
Thank you dude :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.