Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Would you care if Apple removed the battery percentage from the status bar on the iPhone X?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

SoN1NjA

macrumors 68020
Feb 3, 2016
No, I stopped using mine a year ago, whats the point of focusing on the individual percentage? Plus it cleans the up the Status Bar

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
No, I stopped using mine a year ago, whats the point of focusing on the individual percentage? Plus it cleans the up the Status Bar

Gives you a much better idea of when your phone will need charging, so you can adjust your usage. So if I'm really low and can't get to a charger, I'll avoid watching videos etc. That's the point.

Reactions: whcchief

onepoint

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2010
USA
This is hilarious to me. First they tuck auto-brightness away under 4 layers of menus, and now rumors they will do away with first-look battery percentage.

“Maybe if we force them to conserve battery via difficult settings and not let them easily see the actual percentage they won’t focus on, and complain about, battery life!”

emulajavi

macrumors 6502
Dec 15, 2011
I hope it stays. For a phone that sometimes doesn’t even last a day, it’s very useful to see how much battery is left at any time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.