Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reviewspin

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 22, 2006
So we have been dealing with a random issue on my Apple TV 4K (1st Gen) that seems to be getting worse.

So we mostly watch Disney+ so that’s really the app I notice this on. But when I’m watching that the 4K device picture freezes. The sound will continue. When I try to turn it off it doesn’t. But if I go to the menu I hear it going to the menu and the sound stops.

I thought this was just a Disney+ issue and didn’t think anything of it until I watched this video From Tailosive Tech. He has the same issue on while watching Max on an Apple TV 4K (2nd Gen).

Is this an issue with my TV? I don’t have any other HDMI device currently (I did just buy a 3rd Gen Apple TV 4K though). I know my HDMI ports stopped working on my Amazon Omni 55 inch (1st gen). I factory reset them and it worked again. That was last year though.

Any ideas?

Casey Royals

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
Disney+ is/was a pretty bad app, it’s the only app I have had problems with, usually with crashes and HDCP-rated. Make sure you have the correct HDMI cable for 4K, you need a 4K-8K 18Gbps HDMI Cable.

Reactions: reviewspin
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.