Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IphoneIssues

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 30, 2010
Title is self-explanatory, but here's background on the idea:

When introducing the Apple Watch, Tim Cook said, "Apple Watch, of course, is made to be worn. And it can be worn all day, for any occasion. It's as much about personal technology as it is about style and taste."

Showing which watch you got is cool, but 99% percent of the time (allocating 1% to those astronauts out there), what's driving what your watch looks like, on any given day? Whether it's the strap, color of the face, or both? Whatever it is you're wearing. Even if you only wear one band, unless you're in that 1%, you likely chose that option because of your wardrobe.

This brings up one very noteworthy concern many people have. When deciding on a color/model, they think about their wardrobe and what kind of looks they will be able to get out of the watch.

This is meant to be a place where we'll show not just the watch, but the focus here is the clothing that influenced what the watch looks like on that given day, and how it complements things. The idea is for this to become a lookbook of styles with the watch.

So, post a picture of whatever you're wearing with it. I'll go first, so everyone gets the idea.

Milanese loop playing peekaboo with the gray shirt ;)

ABwdQYnl.jpg

BarracksSi

Suspended
Jul 14, 2015
This is the only occasion I'll use for a gym selfie.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452350225.763427.jpg

Maybe I'll take other pics later.

[adding on]
It's later!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452392642.587239.jpg

Last edited:

IphoneIssues

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 30, 2010

BarracksSi

Suspended
Jul 14, 2015
Looking like a true Brofessional. How has the gym experience been with it? Use anything specific for workouts?
"Brofessional"... Heh… I don't make my salary in the gym, but being fit helps with my job. It's the third room in one of two gyms at work, too. This is the multipurpose room, and there's half a ton of dumbbells behind the camera plus an array of pullup bars to the right. I've rarely seen a comparable setup on my travels, and I'll try to keep coming here if my retiree ID will get me in.

As far as workout apps are concerned, no, I haven't used anything special for the watch. I've downloaded a few (Under Armour and FitnessBuilder look promising), but I just run most of my workouts as Other in the stock app to get credit towards my rings. I've been sticking with a commercial plan for a few years and occasionally log weights and reps in its own app on the phone. It's all circuit training, too, and I don't feel like learning a new app between sets.

Sometimes I wish I had taken a similar "Before" pic seven years ago. I was carrying the equivalent of a full suitcase of extra weight.

BarracksSi

Suspended
Jul 14, 2015
I think I'll put the blue Leather Loop on my wish list to match all my other blue clothes.
Shirt by Greg Norman -- not a fashion icon, and neither am I. ;-p

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452978806.375499.jpg

IphoneIssues

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 30, 2010
Did some Saturday evening cardio earlier

Dcp6JgKl.jpg

Modular face in order to keep me informed ;)

NYqS8Ytl.jpg

[doublepost=1452998606][/doublepost]
"Brofessional"... Heh… I don't make my salary in the gym, but being fit helps with my job. It's the third room in one of two gyms at work, too. This is the multipurpose room, and there's half a ton of dumbbells behind the camera plus an array of pullup bars to the right. I've rarely seen a comparable setup on my travels, and I'll try to keep coming here if my retiree ID will get me in.

As far as workout apps are concerned, no, I haven't used anything special for the watch. I've downloaded a few (Under Armour and FitnessBuilder look promising), but I just run most of my workouts as Other in the stock app to get credit towards my rings. I've been sticking with a commercial plan for a few years and occasionally log weights and reps in its own app on the phone. It's all circuit training, too, and I don't feel like learning a new app between sets.

Sometimes I wish I had taken a similar "Before" pic seven years ago. I was carrying the equivalent of a full suitcase of extra weight.

I hope the default exercise app gets some additions. Selecting "Other" for weights and using the stairclimber isn't cutting it.

BarracksSi

Suspended
Jul 14, 2015
I hope the default exercise app gets some additions. Selecting "Other" for weights and using the stairclimber isn't cutting it.
I started a thread on the premise of how complicated the stock Workout app should be. I think the discussion ended up with the idea that the stock app should stay simple, and third party developers can write whatever specialized apps they want.

Fitness app -- complexity vs versatility?
https://forums.macrumors.com/index.php?threads/Fitness-app----complexity-vs-versatility?.1944301/

IphoneIssues

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 30, 2010
Got my shoveling gear on. Black toggle coat, gray hooded sweater, gray gloves, jeans and construction boots, and Space Black SS with black sports band.

Let the games begin.

BDLwcdsh.jpg

tTatNtnh.jpg

A little money shot, For the curious minds.

DPKZZEeh.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: BrodieApple
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.