Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What would be your first motivation to buy the Apple Watch Hermès?

• Total voters

choreographics

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 23, 2015
Berlin, Germany
Series 2: After careful consideration I decided to go with the Apple Watch Hermès with the Single Tour Deployment Buckle—to be honest, only because of the unique watch band. This is the most beautiful, most comfortable and with the little twist in the clasp the most "clever" band I have ever owned.

It seems that this model is not available anywhere, as for now not even to order online, so I decided to share some photos with you. I bought mine at Hermès in Berlin. They only get one or two of them with the initial delivery from Apple.

I am very happy with my choice. If you have any questions, ask.

Additionally: I am curious to know what is or would be your first motivation to buy the Apple Watch Hermès? The brand, the additional watch faces, the watch band? See pool above.

IMG_0212.JPG

IMG_0216.JPG IMG_0224.JPG IMG_0219.JPG IMG_0236.jpg IMG_0213.JPG IMG_0218.JPG IMG_0231.JPG

Last edited:

drew0020

macrumors 68020
Nov 10, 2006
Looks beautiful. I love Hermes leather and I voted simply for the bands. I own a couple Calvi's in both Epsom and Mysore Goatskin and an Ulysse. The leather is truly amazing quality.

I have been waiting for this version of the Watch. Thanks for the beautiful pictures. Hope you enjoy it.

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
I really do love the Hermès bands and that deployment buckle is amazing, but it's only available in 42mm which is too big for me :(

I've decided to keep hold of my original Apple Watch but will definitely be looking at the Hermès range when I get my next one: I prefer them to the ceramic Edition.

leenak

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2011
You know you could buy the band separately... I mean if that was your primary reason.

choreographics

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 23, 2015
Berlin, Germany
In the US online apple store it is available and I looked at the German apple store and it is also available...

Sorry to say, but beside the color, which is not available separately anymore, this is "just the normal" Single Tour not the new with the deployment buckle. Attention to details is important sometimes.

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
Nicely done. Question for you - can you describe the process to remove the band? All of my bands are 2 separate pieces which makes removing it quite simple. With yours, can you remove one end entirely, and then the other? Or do you have to release both ends, and then slowly work them both out at the same time?

choreographics

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 23, 2015
Berlin, Germany
Nicely done. Question for you - can you describe the process to remove the band? All of my bands are 2 separate pieces which makes removing it quite simple. With yours, can you remove one end entirely, and then the other? Or do you have to release both ends, and then slowly work them both out at the same time?

Actually you can do both ways, but because the pin is fixed, the easiest and fastest way is to press both of the release buttons to open the deployment buckle and than carefully work out the band of the watch. This band is made of leather and that's why it's ways more flexible than e.g. the link bracelet—it's okay and works fine to release one end after the other.

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
That is one nice band! I wish they sold it separately.

This is one of those bands that I don't think a third party will be able create it close enough for me to enjoy. Quality looks top notch.

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
Actually you can do both ways, but because the pin is fixed, the easiest and fastest way is to press both of the release buttons to open the deployment buckle and than carefully work out the band of the watch. This band is made of leather and that's why it's ways more flexible than e.g. the link bracelet—it's okay and works fine to release one end after the other.

Thanks much. Great to hear from first hand experience. This might be my Christmas present :)

Reactions: choreographics

leenak

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2011
Sorry to say, but beside the color, which is not available separately anymore, this is "just the normal" Single Tour not the new with the deployment buckle. Attention to details is important sometimes.
Ahh well, it looked similar :) But anyway, basically it seems that the Hermes watches are approximately a $250 premium over the SS watches + hermes bands bought separately. I know I'm not the most patient person but for $250, I'd probably wait a bit for the band to be sold separately. It also appears that the deployment band may be the only one that isn't sold separately right now (and personally it wouldn't be my choice for a band).

choreographics

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 23, 2015
Berlin, Germany
That is one nice band! I wish they sold it separately.

This is one of those bands that I don't think a third party will be able create it close enough for me to enjoy. Quality looks top notch.

True that. I bought a third party band once, which was "inspired" by the cuff. Sure, it was even cheaper than an original Sport band from Apple, but the quality was very disappointing: besides the fact I didn't liked the artificial material, one of the lugs broke after two days.

Don't get me wrong. You have to pay a huge amount of money for the Apple Watch Hermès, but at least you can be sure about the workmanship and quality.

bmac4

Suspended
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
Looks amazing! Great find. I really would just like to get the band and deployment clasp because I have the ceramic AW, but as of now they don't. Looking forward to that if they do.

Reactions: choreographics

Luba

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2009
So Hermés is more famous and known for their leathers or their scarfs?

So the deployment band has the benefits of the link bracelet and the benefits of soft leather?

Too bad leather isn't waterproof. I guess I sometimes wear my wristwatch too close down to my hand so when I wash my hands the band gets a bit wet.

choreographics

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 23, 2015
Berlin, Germany
So Hermés is more famous and known for their leathers or their scarfs? So the deployment band has the benefits of the link bracelet and the benefits of soft leather?

Yes, a nice summary of the benefits.

Too bad leather isn't waterproof. I guess I sometimes wear my wristwatch too close down to my hand so when I wash my hands the band gets a bit wet.

Well, its not waterproofed, but "a bit wet" shouldn't hurt.

Last edited:

bmac4

Suspended
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
Don't want to be too off-topic here, but how do you like the Edition?

No worries I don't mind getting a bit off topic. I love it, I think it looks amazing and it looks so awesome. It's not something you see everyday. Here are a few pics.

547846942593923ebc2d0689689ae98c.jpg
I put it with my Hermès, and I really like it. Others don't think it looks so good.

9d30d1556a93e059c2104eaf4032762f.jpg
wit the Milanese loop.

b4480f6428af91849b3fab62c4ed5b92.jpg
regular

b584ea632066f5d1e2994febce484d56.jpg
and light blue leather loop.

Reactions: circatee

choreographics

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 23, 2015
Berlin, Germany
The Edition looks really nice. To be honest, I am not a huge fan of the material mix while using a band, which is meant to be for an Apple Watch stainless steal, but everything else works fine with the beautiful white watch. On the other hand: Which band can you use for the AWE besides the (white or grey) Sport band without being too "colorful" or "contrary" if you dont like to be?

mhoutman

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2016
@choreographics I just wonder if you easily can remove the deployment buckle (Faltschließe) ? Must be awesome to fit on my original Hermès Apple Watch....well if you have the parts number ;)

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
So Hermés is more famous and known for their leathers or their scarfs?

So the deployment band has the benefits of the link bracelet and the benefits of soft leather?

Sort of depends. Hermes is far far better known at the ultra lux level for leather than for scarves. They started making bridles nearly 200 years ago, then saddles, then bags, etc. Scarves are a (relatively) recent addition to their repertoire, though their relatively low price point - if we can consider a few hundred dollars for a scarf low - makes them a much more accessible item than just about anything else Hermes sells, like their $12,000 carry on bag ;)

bmac4

Suspended
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
The Edition looks really nice. To be honest, I am not a huge fan of the material mix while using a band, which is meant to be for an Apple Watch stainless steal, but everything else works fine with the beautiful white watch. On the other hand: Which band can you use for the AWE besides the (white or grey) Sport band without being too "colorful" or "contrary" if you dont like to be?

I like the midnight blue sports band, the new blue nylon band, and I have white sport band. I don't wear very many of the bright colors. I really think pretty much any band goes well with the edition. I saw this Watch online, and the guy that design it helped design the AW. I think SS and black work with ceramic. I guess they do too.

f910dda6f025c952826dc6f2c986f360.png

36c5ab4c49bf500f21163869f269b52f.png

Reactions: bandrews
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.