Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which charger you like most?

• Griffin

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Joostcube

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Gigaflash

Votes: 10 52.6%

• Total voters

GeekyGrannie

macrumors regular
May 15, 2015
It looks fine and smart, just wanna know, can the USB output be used when the Wi-Travel charger plugged into the wall (use as wall charger to charge my iPhone when travelling)?
Yes, you can. But you have to remove the plug part from the device and plug it into the wall separately. If you just plug the complete block into a wall socket, the output USB port is covered up.

menace3

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
Seattle, WA

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2008

Did you ever end up getting the Archeer one (the disc-shaped one linked above?) I'm looking for a simple way to charge a watch at my desk with my existing Lightning cables - due to the shape of my desk and the placement of outlets, it'd be so much more convenient for me to be able to use my Lightning cables for the watch, somehow, than having to use a separate cable for just one of my devices. I'm also intrigued by the fact that it has a battery. Would love to hear what you guys think.

menace3

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
Seattle, WA
Did you ever end up getting the Archeer one (the disc-shaped one linked above?) I'm looking for a simple way to charge a watch at my desk with my existing Lightning cables - due to the shape of my desk and the placement of outlets, it'd be so much more convenient for me to be able to use my Lightning cables for the watch, somehow, than having to use a separate cable for just one of my devices. I'm also intrigued by the fact that it has a battery. Would love to hear what you guys think.

I did not.

Ronlap

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2007
San Francisco Bay Area
I have never actually seen the Griffin charger in stock -- it always shows on the site as "coming soon." Does it really exist? I use the "Apple Watch and iPhone Charger by TOPVISION, MFi Certified 4000 mAh Wireless Portable Charger" available from Amazon.

niijonodhg

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2016
United Kingdom
These look pretty cool, didn't even know they existed. I made my own solution by using an Orzly Nightstand attached to the dash of my car so I can charge it whilst on the commute! :)

Bruce Joo

Suspended
Dec 7, 2016
So how about the power bank for apple watch from zens and amber?
I love the charger from griffin, but seems a little expensive.

LouisLoh

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2010
If you can get the Belkin Valet Charger for a good price I'd suggest it in a heartbeat. Decent capacity, great build quality and compact size.

Sajal

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2014
Got the Gigaflash power one. At $35 its a perfect companion. Sleek and charges the watch quite fast. Not to mention its 5000mAh power bank capacity is good as well, keeping in mind about the small form factor.

Honestly I don't have an idea why most of the costly apple watch stands don't have their own magnetic charging point and you still need to buy a separate apple charging cable.

toofargone

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2015
Apologies for bringing back an old thread, but...

How are these chargers holding up for you all? Still holding their charge? Any new ones to report on? With the S3 LTE, my battery gets pretty low by the end of a long day.

I ordered the Zens from Amazon but it appeared defective out of the box so returned it. Spooked by that, I am considering alternatives. Must charge both watch (magnetic disk) and phone. Nightstand mode positioning would be a bonus. This would be for travel/edc. I am holding out for Apple's wireless mat for home use.

Thanks for any insights or reports on reliability.

Reactions: yellolab

hexagenia

macrumors demi-god
Jan 12, 2007
New Hampshire
For anyone interested in the Griffin charger, it's on sale at Best Buy right now--$20 off. I have this and love it. I use the key ring for my car keys and if I stop to work while I'm on the road, I have instant recharge for my AW with no cables. Very convenient. I get between 2 and 3 charges per full recharge of the Griffin battery. I questioned it at $59; at $39, it's going to be a Christmas gift for Apple Watch owning friends.

Reactions: AlliFlowers

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
For anyone interested in the Griffin charger, it's on sale at Best Buy right now--$20 off. I have this and love it. I use the key ring for my car keys and if I stop to work while I'm on the road, I have instant recharge for my AW with no cables. Very convenient. I get between 2 and 3 charges per full recharge of the Griffin battery. I questioned it at $59; at $39, it's going to be a Christmas gift for Apple Watch owning friends.

It's not even listed on the BestBuy website.

toofargone

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2015
Last edited:

AlliFlowers

macrumors 601
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
I have really enjoyed mine. While I don't use it as a keyring (is usually floating around the bottom of my purse), it comes in very handy. I don't worry about bringing an extra puck when traveling, and since Apple always releases updates in the middle of the day, I always have a charger with me to get my update done while sitting at my desk.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.