Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Marco979

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2024
Hi
sorry for my bad english.
So I love my Apple Watch Ultra but I realized that the glossy frame has some marks on it and I was wondering if it was possible to remove them or if any of you have had the same thing happen.
It's a shame because it's very beautiful and the titanium case is very resistant
Screenshot_2023-09-12_at_19.29.57-w782.jpg

BenGoren

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2021
“Ur doin ir rong.”

You see, you actually got those scratches after you jumped out of the plane on the rescue mission when your parachute failed to deploy properly, sending you crashing into the jagged cliffs. Fortunately, your watch snagged on a massive diamond sticking out of the cliff face, preventing you from being eaten by the sharks and enabling you to get the hostages to safety. Alas, the watch was scratched by the diamond … but it was worth it, seeing the expressions on the kids’s faces as they were reunited with their families.

Me? The marks on my watch came from the garden and doorknobs. But the ones in the garden came when I was elbow-deep in the dirt digging out Bermuda grass roots. And if you don’t find that impressive, you’ve never battled Bermuda grass. All those legends about the Hydra and the like — cut off one head and two more spout in its place? That’s just a personification of Bermuda grass.

(Okay, the doorknobs aren’t so impressive. But that Bermuda grass!)

b&

• Haha
Reactions: Pug72

Marco979

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2024
“Ur doin ir rong.”

You see, you actually got those scratches after you jumped out of the plane on the rescue mission when your parachute failed to deploy properly, sending you crashing into the jagged cliffs. Fortunately, your watch snagged on a massive diamond sticking out of the cliff face, preventing you from being eaten by the sharks and enabling you to get the hostages to safety. Alas, the watch was scratched by the diamond … but it was worth it, seeing the expressions on the kids’s faces as they were reunited with their families.

Me? The marks on my watch came from the garden and doorknobs. But the ones in the garden came when I was elbow-deep in the dirt digging out Bermuda grass roots. And if you don’t find that impressive, you’ve never battled Bermuda grass. All those legends about the Hydra and the like — cut off one head and two more spout in its place? That’s just a personification of Bermuda grass.

(Okay, the doorknobs aren’t so impressive. But that Bermuda grass!)

b&
I thank you but I didn't understand anything

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
I thank you but I didn't understand anything

He's being facetious. It's going to scratch, and given the target audience Apple is assuming that we're fine with it. Titanium is light and strong but not super scratch resistant.

You can actually polish it, like this guys did:

And read this one:

Or if it's just a minor scratch, I wouldn't worry about it.

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2018
He's being facetious. It's going to scratch, and given the target audience Apple is assuming that we're fine with it. Titanium is light and strong but not super scratch resistant.

You can actually polish it, like this guys did:

And read this one:

Or if it's just a minor scratch, I wouldn't worry about it.
Ironically, the person who you state is being facecious is on my blocked list.

I actually had a ban, because of him, and you know I’m an ok fella.

Stay well, buddy.

ozieelmoreno

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2024
Just yesterday I bought my AWU2 and today I scratched it very slightly on that same edge that you mention and managed to remove it perfectly with a number 2500 sandpaper. I hope it helps you

delsoul

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2014
It’s only a scratch! Just leave it, there will be more.

It’s a watch not an ornament.
Agreed. It’s the OUTDOORS and RUGGED watch of the Apple bunch. The body is going to get scratched, but that screen is going stay new like the day it was made. These folks would have a coronary if they saw my daily wear Citizen. It’s never abused, but the steel is all marked from being worn, accidentally knocked into handrails, etc. The sapphire glass still looks like the day it rolled off the assembly line.

Reactions: MarkX
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.