Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Contact_Feanor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 7, 2017
Belgium
There've been these rumors about the tenth anniversary Apple Watch. These devices have consistently been called "Apple Watch X" by macrumors, but also Gurman, Kuo, etc. I've been wondering though. With Twitter having been rebranded to X and the X name having tanked in people's minds accordingly if Apple wouldn't rather skip the X branding altogether and just go with Apple Watch 10 instead.

What do you think? X or 10?

Reactions: madeirabhoy

Contact_Feanor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 7, 2017
Belgium
Since so many people haven’t been properly educated and can’t read Roman numerals, it might be best to keep it simple and write the number ‘Ten’ on the watch.
SO many people said Mac OS "ex" or iPhone "ex" back in the day. Still didn't stop Apple from using it for over a decade though :)

Reactions: HandsomeDanNZ

madeirabhoy

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2012
This is true - the X, XS Max XR etc...all spoken about as "ex" rather than "ten" by the great unwashed.

i think for iphone X, and Mac OS X, the majority called it X, the minority 10. For the XS, XR etc.... outside of Tim Cook i doubt anyone ever called it the ten s. although im scotland im surprised it didnt catch on as sarcasm about the price, the iphone tenner

Contact_Feanor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 7, 2017
Belgium
It will be even worse than it was for the 10th anniversary iPhone; just wait for people to call the new device the "iWatch eX", and make two mistakes in one product name. 😂
I think my eye might start twitching if people call it that

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.