Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
In my case I had an iMac 2019 with a wired ethernet cable (Gigabit capable) going into a Velop Mesh node and across Wifi 6E to the parent node connected to the ONT. So tha iMac isn't 6E capable but the backhaul to the main router was over 6E.
Wired backhaul is usually only half as fast. The backhaul has to share the available bandwidth. In a best-case scenario, 6E is faster than gigabit Ethernet.

ric22

macrumors 68020
Mar 8, 2022
Wired backhaul is usually only half as fast. The backhaul has to share the available bandwidth. In a best-case scenario, 6E is faster than gigabit Ethernet.
Wired backhaul is "usually" only half as fast??? I think you mistyped 😬

ric22

macrumors 68020
Mar 8, 2022
Apple Watch are still at WiFi 4 (at 2.4 GHz or 2.4+5 GHz)
I know, that's why I asked when will they get the modern energy efficient standard :) It's not going to get a slight bump from its 16 year old wifi standard, but a full one, for energy reasons- until recently, Apple may have been right about wifi 4 being more economical on battery.

MaGF

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2021
Disappointed that some Wi-Fi country codes still do not allow 6GHz networks in MacOS Sonoma 14.5, despite the fact that these countries or regions have already approved the use of Wi-Fi 6e! Apple please update your supported channel lists according to Wi-Fi Alliance’s up-to-date list: https://www.wi-fi.org/regulations-enabling-6-ghz-wi-fi

Otherwise none of our Wi-Fi 6e-capable Apple devices will be able to benefit from the 6GHz band.

Reactions: ric22
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.