Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dtakias

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2008
UK
My AW7 Titanium is below 80% battery health. Is Apple likely to replace the battery or the whole unit?
In case of device replacement do they hold stock from two generations ago or will they offer a SS since the titanium is no longer in production?

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Generally speaking, they'll replace the whole watch with a remanufactured one.

Then they'll take your old watch, remanufacture it, and parts of it'll become someone's "New" (replacement) watch in the future.

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
battery "replacement" is done by getting you a refurb. So you should get another S7Ti, there have been posts here that when Apple runs out of certain models they offer you something newer, but you'll have to initiate the process to get an answer.

7thson

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2012
Six Rivers, CA
You will most likely receive an S7 replacement. I had my S6 titanium replaced under warranty last September and received a refurbished S6 titanium. If they don’t have your model in stock, they will offer you a newer model, but this is rare.

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2022
My friend just got his S7 SBTi back from Apple for battery replacement. It was like new with zero defects. battery back to 100%

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
i have a s7 natural titanium and in a similar situation. My battery is still at 80% though (been like that since Nov or Dec). but i'm fully expecting to the get the s7 titanium back.

Reactions: Jackbequickly

dtakias

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2008
UK
i have a s7 natural titanium and in a similar situation. My battery is still at 80% though (been like that since Nov or Dec). but i'm fully expecting to the get the s7 titanium back.
I found out that by letting the battery die every time and do repeating resets the battery health deteriorated much faster in case you are in need to get the replacement before your applecare+ expires.

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
I found out that by letting the battery die every time and do repeating resets the battery health deteriorated much faster in case you are in need to get the replacement before your applecare+ expires.
I actually have been letting it die a lot! So you mean up to the point where it only shows the clock right, and the lightning sign? It hasn’t done anything! Maybe I should reset more though.

And I don’t even have to plan to make it die it just happens so often now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.