Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AstroRexaur

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 15, 2021
Im having this problem since 1 week. Every time I go on a walk and want to listen to my podcasts (apple app) using cellular data on my Apple Watch Ultra, the podcast episode starts to stutter and pausing and playing (like it's buffering like a Youtube video) after like 30 mins of listening. I thought it was my Apple Watch signal/reception problem, but I realized that I have unlimited data and the bars are almost all the time at 5 (fully). Also, I switch to other apps to listen to my podcast and works perfectly. I used WatchTube and other podcast (local radio) app and NEVER stutters and works greatly even at low signal reception. There's any workaround to fix this?

ssampath

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2010
Me too! The strange thing is that music does not seem to have this issue.
The podcast app does not update with the latest episodes either, does not keep up with the phone.

• Wow
Reactions: AstroRexaur

AstroRexaur

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 15, 2021
Me too! The strange thing is that music does not seem to have this issue.
The podcast app does not update with the latest episodes either, does not keep up with the phone.
It seems that the only ones with this (first world) problem are you and me! Haha, i’ve been searching and “googleing” it and doesnt show up with relevant helpful results

ssampath

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2010
It seems that the only ones with this (first world) problem are you and me! Haha, i’ve been searching and “googleing” it and doesnt show up with relevant helpful results
I wonder if a lot of people use the watch on cellular or they are carrying their phone along. Yes totally 1st world problem but that is what we pay Apple to fix.

Reactions: AstroRexaur
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.