Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

-hh

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2001
NJ Highlands, Earth
Also a "Not exactly aquarium", but you can chaulk both of these up to:

"The wierd things you see underwater" :)

scorpionfish91.jpg

Scorpionfish
(Nikonos V, 35mm w/1:2 macro tube; ISO 100 slide, f/22 & 1/60sec)

HH_elf_Dec04.jpg

Crazy UW photographer (me)
(Nikonos V, 15mm; ISO 100 slide, f/8 & 1/60sec)

-hh

Blong

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
-hh said:
In both circumstances, credit goes to the Aquarium as much as (if not more) than the photographer: the tank was well-lit and the observer's room was dark, which made it very condusive to not needing flash and not having any background reflections on the glass between the camera and the water. As such, the aquarium's glass isn't obvious or visible.

Goin' nuts! These are wonderful - colour & composition are lovely.

The brown nettle jellies that I posted above were in a similar situation where the tanks were lit from inside and the room was dark. However - ma and pa point and shoot tend to believe they need to use flash in these situations ... or don't know how to turn it off :rolleyes: .

Nice pics.

Rob

crjackson

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2006
since this is my first time to this website and I happened to come across this post, I thought i'd post up my pics from the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago. Was my first time taking pics at there, its hard to do without having much light to work with. ISO has to be greater, but that creates big grains:-/

taken with my nikon D50, these were the shots I liked:

11gq91y.jpg

11gq988.jpg

11gq9aw.jpg

11gq9h1.jpg

11gq9v9.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.