Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eric3312

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
I personally don't care for the Animoji's, I understand what Apple trying to do is demonstrate the technology by using the TrueDepth Camera and face mapping features to express how the Animoji's work. But its something that I would never personally use, even though I think the technology is interesting.

I also think Apple is trying to make this technology fun and expressive to use for the consumer to appreciate what they are doing, even though it doesn't apply to everybody the same way.
You know what’s funny? I saw a YouTube video where the guy covered up the TrueDepth camera system and left just the regular camera open...and...Animoji’s still worked perfect. So, it’s another Apple sham. They could have been included on ANY iPhone. TrueDepth camera system isn’t even needed.

Reactions: iSilas

RodThePlod

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
London
I used Animoji on the day I received my X just to let my brother know. Since then, I've not felt the need to send a talking poop to anyone else.

To me, this is similar to Digital Touch on the Apple Watch. I played with it when I first got my watch a couple of years back, but haven't touched it again since.

ob81

macrumors 65816
Jun 11, 2007
Virginia Beach
I send them to my wife and my son. I would not send one to others. Definitely wouldn’t send one to anyone without a 10.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.