Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

1BadManVan

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 20, 2009
Bc Canada
Just this last week, when my kids send a ask to buy request, it only shows up on my iPad. Both my wife and i are set up as parents and we’ve never had an issue with this for the last 2 years, suddenly now, my phone and her phone no longer receive this request, any ideas?

atiffarooq

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2006
I get this some times with my daughters iPad and not getting the notifications to my phone. I restart my phone and they start appearing again.

That’s always worked for me.

Reactions: blkjedi954

belvdr

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2005
Unfortunately not the case for us this time around, and been going on for over a week now
Have you found a resolution to this yet? Our notifications keep getting worse. First, it was lost on my phone, then my iPad, then another phone, then the home Mac, and now we're down to my work Mac. Apple's usual routine of signing out and back in and restarting the device have not helped.

JMG

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2006
I have the opposite problem. I want the ASK TO BUY notifications to ONLY go to our iPhones and not the family iMac. Anyone know how to do this?

cdp76

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2014
Same here.. first we (me and wife) were receiving the requests on our phones , now they only go to both of our accounts on the iMac.. this is not ok because we often are away from that computer. How can i revert the situation? I’m searching everywere on the internet but could not find a workaround.

Reactions: centauratlas

bluewooster

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2007
I’ve been dealing with this for over a year as well. The requests from my children only go to one device (an iPad I use at home) so I can only approve the request if I happen to be at home. I’ve tried logging everyone out and back in with no success.

In general, I find the family sharing system very buggy and almost ineffective. I still can’t get my kids account to recognize they have shared access to Apple Music (i have the family subscription and sharing turned on, etc) so they end up using mine and affecting my playlists, etc. Super annoying.

Crimpet

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2022
I have this same issue - ask to buy notification from my kid only come to my MacBook. My phone has not received them for a couple of months now. I have done all the usual re- installation stuff. Both my phone and my kids iPad are up to date. Reassuring in some ways that this is a bug although still bloody annoying

Niamhnpaul

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2022
Same here - was working fine yesterday and now today it’s going to a rarely used iPad instead of my iPhone - I didn’t change any settings - tried turning off the iPad but that doesn’t work either - I’ve turned off each device at least 5 times - v frustrating - I never have the iPad with me as it’d only used at home with wifi so now the kids can’t get any apps

talkingbadger

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2023
After posting this question to reddit, I have a solution that has worked for me.

I was receiving ask to by notifications to my MacBook, iPad Pro, but not to my iPhone.

It sounds odd, but changing the name of the iPhone by going to Settings>General>About to something new has completely resolved the issue, and I now receive the ask to buy requests on my iPhone.

iggypod

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
After posting this question to reddit, I have a solution that has worked for me.

I was receiving ask to by notifications to my MacBook, iPad Pro, but not to my iPhone.

It sounds odd, but changing the name of the iPhone by going to Settings>General>About to something new has completely resolved the issue, and I now receive the ask to buy requests on my iPhone.
Thank you for posting this. Had this problem going on a week. This resolved the same issue on my end too.

briskier105

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2023

I have been having this issue for over a year now and can confirm this fixes the issue.

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
My buddy just had this and the fix was to make sure under iMessage"You Can Receive iMessage To And Reply From" the phone number and email (which is his Apple ID) is checked and under "Start New Conversations From" only the phone number was checked.

After changing and a restart of the phone the messages started appearing.

SrgCy

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2023

Thanks! I applied the solution and the problem got fixed immediately (no other changes tried)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.