Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

portishead

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 4, 2007
los angeles
Seriously! Ask any question you think is dumb here, and I or someone else will hopefully answer your question. This should eliminate a lot of posts in this sub forum.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Seriously! Ask any question you think is dumb here, and I or someone else will hopefully answer your question. This should eliminate a lot of posts in this sub forum.

the forum is already filled with this type of clutter. and i think this thread is just adding to it, not resolving it.

dec.

Suspended
Apr 15, 2012
Toronto
I can't find spotlight search on my ipad, it works on my iphone but on my ipad mini the notification center opens, I can't search!!,

borgqueenx

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2010
Here's probaly a stopid one...
I have a reminder list. How the hell can i add another reminder on that same list?!

portishead

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 4, 2007
los angeles

Robster3

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2012
Can't get airdrop to work, won't see iphone 5 on same wifi network, both phones have it as contacts only with blue booth and wifi on?

b_scott

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2008
why will the the iTunes store not open? it's just blank white or "loading"

MiniMi

macrumors member
Dec 29, 2011
Ok,
How in heck do you close background apps? Prior to IOS 7 I would just hold finger until x shoed up, not working that way now.
I'm using iPad mini btw

Last edited:

portishead

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 4, 2007
los angeles
why will the the iTunes store not open? it's just blank white or "loading"

Could be a problem with Apple's servers. Did you try wifi and cellular?

Can I make my Dock Transparent ?

I dont like the Grey Bar.

my iPhone 5 has a transparent dock. Which phone do you have?

----------

Ok,
How in heck do you close background apps? Prior to IOS 7 I would just hold finger until x shoed up, not working that way now.

double click to scroll through your apps, and flick the window up.

Cvstos

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2004
Trade-ins

I know iOS 7 has new security features to prevent theft. If I upgrade my iPhone 4 to iOS 7 now, will I be able to trade it in to Best Buy in a couple days towards an iPhone 5/c/s? I've tried calling stores to ask but they never pick up their phone. (This is in Canada where Apple itself doesn't do trade-ins.)

portishead

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 4, 2007
los angeles
I know iOS 7 has new security features to prevent theft. If I upgrade my iPhone 4 to iOS 7 now, will I be able to trade it in to Best Buy in a couple days towards an iPhone 5/c/s? I've tried calling stores to ask but they never pick up their phone. (This is in Canada where Apple itself doesn't do trade-ins.)

Best Buy, or any other store WILL NOT care which iOS you have loaded on your phone.

Robster3

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2012
I used airdrop successfully with 2 iPhone 5's. I would try restarting your phones, and/or network and try again.

That will not work.

Got it working but between my wife's and mine phone it comes up as being sent from my son's?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.