Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cookie1105

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2006
London, UK
Agree clix. There have been a lot of really good suggestions already, but some of them are too specific and not doable by everybody and some of them are just daft:confused:

Anyway for my €0.02, I think a good topic would be transformations. It is general, doable by everybody and rides in on the autumn suggestions posted previously. I'm sure that even those not experiencing a turn of seasons right now, can find something that is transforming itself to photograph.

p0intblank

macrumors 68030
Sep 20, 2005
New Jersey
If we want simple, then how about the subject is simply "orange?" Fall/Autumn is here and there are many things that are orange we can take photos of (leaves, pumpkins, candy corn, etc.).

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
i think the suggestions should be a little bit more thought through and instead of throwing out 10 suggestions maybe just give one and explain it. otherwise we end up with all words from Merriam Websters Dictionary as suggestions. By now we already have what, 60 or so:eek:

as i said before i think applespider did a good job narrowing it down last time.

jimmer116

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2006
Fine...but really now, just humor me and think about it.

What is Pi? What is Phi?

You can do some absolutely beautiful things with circles and spirals (golden ratio). Anything that is a circle would fit for pi. As for Phi, you have...well just about 90% of nature. It's anything but off the wall and ridiculous. I don't see how someone could NOT have the means to do it.

They're everywhere...it just requires more thought beyond "Oh, I need a picture of something that shows a season." Just because it requires some though process to figure out doesn't make it impossible or hard to accomplish.

Johnpartridge

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2006
ejb190 said:
Johnpartridge, your suggestion of "freezeframe" leaves me a bit baffled. Are your suggesting shots that stop motion?

Hey , yes i probably could do with explaining it abit more, my apologies. You got it though , yes basically Stop Motion.

Surely thats a winner ? everyone can find something to "stop" , and i would like to see how someone manages to capture a Mac related image. All i could think of would be the Fans on a nice G5 or Mac Pro.

Common Give it a Shot :)

John

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
Johnpartridge said:
Hey , yes i probably could do with explaining it abit more, my apologies. You got it though , yes basically Stop Motion.

Surely thats a winner ? everyone can find something to "stop" , and i would like to see how someone manages to capture a Mac related image. All i could think of would be the Fans on a nice G5 or Mac Pro.

Common Give it a Shot :)

John

i like that idea.:)

Applespider

macrumors G4
Original poster
Isn't every photo a freezeframe?

And no, I'd rather not have Mac ones - we've got enough Mac picture threads around to avoid cluttering this forum up with more.

Am trying to get it to 8 or so to vote on now... and will get a poll up soon

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
andiwm2003 said:
i think the suggestions should be a little bit more thought through and instead of throwing out 10 suggestions maybe just give one and explain it. otherwise we end up with all words from Merriam Websters Dictionary as suggestions. By now we already have what, 60 or so:eek:

as i said before i think applespider did a good job narrowing it down last time.

pdxflint said:
A few subjects I think might be interesting:

Motion (already mentioned)
Cops (already mentioned)
Environmental portraits (work environment or other settings which help define the subject)
Backlight
B/W
Night
Detail (not necessarily macro, but in the photojournalism mode)
Magazine cover shot (thinking vertical, with room for text...)
Grafitti
Musical instruments
Unusual/unique, or just cool business signs
Churches, temples, synagogues, or mosques
Urban or small town street scenes

'bout it for now

Sorry, I was just trying to help with a few suggestions I thought might be interesting. Consider them removed.

b0tt094

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2006
A cliche picture, or saying that is showin in a picture

like a bird in hand is better than two in a bush...

or the cliche freezeframe picture at the end of 70's shows

but u have to pt ur own spin on it somehow

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.