Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Applespider

macrumors G4
Original poster
By popular vote, assignment 2 is 'cold'. The photographer can choose whether it's the subject, the tone or just a vague impression.

There's a list of old rules here as regards basic commonsense on copyright and politeness in commenting.

Anyone can enter from those with (D)SLRs from P&S to cameraphones although I'd say they should be pictures that you think are good rather than purely snapshots of snowmen :p. The goal is not to 'win' but to share the enjoyment of taking pictures and learn from others. But pictures must have been taken between 19 and 28 February.

Post your pictures here by the end of February with a title and we'll start commenting (make sure you title your comment referencing the pic you are commenting on)

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Ice on ice

dsc2347a0vx.jpg

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Zeke said:
Just realized there was a date requirement. This was taken a while back.

Yup, that's why I didn't post the images I got in our last snowstorm because they didn't fall within the stated time frame and limitations of this particular assignment. Because our weather turned really warm I was stymied and so played around with a couple of concepts which really aren't that great but which do meet the requirements....

whocares

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2002
:noitаɔo˩
Haven't had time to make any pics. :eek: :eek:

I think Clix pix's 2nd (post #3) is a great pic and clearly shows what an imaginative mind can make of an apparently banal subject as cold. Congrats. :cool:

JDar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2003
A Stay Inside Day

There may an example of barrel distortion in that vertical shutter, too.

Attachments

• Stay-Inside-Day.jpg
    Stay-Inside-Day.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 273

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
whocares said:
Haven't had time to make any pics. :eek: :eek:

I think Clix pix's 2nd (post #3) is a great pic and clearly shows what an imaginative mind can make of an apparently banal subject as cold. Congrats. :cool:

Thank you! :) Since we haven't had any snow during the time frame of this assignment and since it seems that everybody I know (except, thankfully, me!) has a cold right now, it seemed like a fun and different approach to this assignment....

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
javabear90 said:

Now THAT'S cold!! Brrrrr! I'd love to hear the story behind this image!

Just looked at some of your photos on your website. VERY nice! I see you've got a Pembroke Welsh Corgi. One of my best friends has a female whom she bred a few years ago, and I got to watch (and take photos) as Chloe had her puppies. Corgis are sweet dogs.

kwajo.com

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
Bay of Fundy
frederictonbridge.jpg

I think this looks pretty cold, it was -20 Celsius (plus wind) when I took it.

Fredericton, NB, looking over the St. John River if anyone is wondering.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.