Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Choose the theme for assignment 4

• Emotion

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Insanity of Humanity

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • Liquid

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Metal

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • Red

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Song/Album Titles

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Strangers

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Transtions

Votes: 4 7.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Orlando Furioso

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2005
Bezerkeley
Clix Pix said:
OH, wow, we've got a tie right now -- guess we'd have to do an image depicting "the insanity of humanity" interacting with metal!! LOL!!!

Does photographing a gun-toting idiot count? :eek:

A tie would be interesting. How are these resolved?

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Orlando Furioso said:
Does photographing a gun-toting idiot count? :eek:

Since this whole thing is still pretty new, we haven't run into that situation yet. My guess would be that we'd then have the option of voting again to eliminate one or the other, or the option of shooting whichever image we wanted or both, if we so desired. ??

Applespider

macrumors G4
Original poster
Orlando Furioso said:

We haven't had one yet.

I'd suggest one of the following...

a. You trust me to toss a coin (alphabetically first is heads, then tails) and see what happens

b. We declare joint winners and you can shoot whichever

I don't think we'd want to get into tiebreakers votes etc

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Applespider said:
We haven't had one yet.

I'd suggest one of the following...

a. You trust me to toss a coin (alphabetically first is heads, then tails) and see what happens

b. We declare joint winners and you can shoot whichever

I don't think we'd want to get into tiebreakers votes etc

I agree about the tiebreakers vote, because that would only delay things and then shorten the amount of shooting time available. I like Option B the best, as that way people can choose which of the two images they want and can go with that, which will add more interest and variety to the entire venture.

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
A new thought

To save us from monthly polls; what about doing something like what some magazines do? That is to publish a yearly calendar of each months themes.

cxk6111

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2004
Alexandria, VA
Chip NoVaMac said:
To save us from monthly polls; what about doing something like what some magazines do? That is to publish a yearly calendar of each months themes.

Maybe to modify it a bit, have a vote on a huge list and the top 6/12/whatever become the next themes.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
I say we elect 3 regular MacRumours and photography forum members to pick the topic for us over the next 4 months. They can decide amongst themselves, and that just saves us this uninteresting bit where we all vote. They could even announce the topic for all 4 months in advance so that we're not surprised later (if we want it that way).

After 4 months, we elect another 3 people to pick the topic for the next 4 months. There's just too much dead time in between assignments. I'd rather there be less formality. It's just too much. Personally, you can pick whatever topic you want, and I'll still try to shoot it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.