Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dobbin

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2002
England
Uluru at sunrise on 9th June. (Uluru was formerly called Ayer's Rock).

Attachments

• uluru.jpg
    uluru.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 115

cookie1105

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2006
London, UK
dobbin said:

I like it. That is one big sky. Was it a good trip down under? Have you got any other pics of uluru that you could maybe post outside of the assignment thread?

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
dobbin said:

Uluru was always Uluru, since the aboriginals were there first. ;)

And I hope you didn't do what most tourists do and climb it. :rolleyes: I hate when people come back from their trip and almost feel proud that they did something so cool, when it hold huge cultural value for aboriginals and they ask people not to climb it.

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
not exactly what i wanted.

the plan was to take a picture of a homeless guy (taking the shot in a way to not show his face of course) in front of this Bank of America as sort of contrast between rich and poor. usually there are some homeless people there trying to get some money for holding the doors open or so. but not when i tried to get my shot the last three days.

since i'm on vacation for the rest of the assignment i'll submit this as contrast between green and red :eek:

Sony DSC P 150
2 sec. exposure

Attachments

• contrast.jpg
    contrast.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 110

dobbin

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2002
England
cookie1105 said:
I like it. That is one big sky. Was it a good trip down under? Have you got any other pics of uluru that you could maybe post outside of the assignment thread?

Yes, a great trip thanks. I will post some more pics later when I am back at home.

abstract said:
Uluru was always Uluru, since the aboriginals were there first.

And I hope you didn't do what most tourists do and climb it. I hate when people come back from their trip and almost feel proud that they did something so cool, when it hold huge cultural value for aboriginals and they ask people not to climb it.

I didn't climb it, and I was surprised/horrified by the number of people that did. For me the 6 mile walk around the base was much more appropriate.

I take your point about the name - I was trying to make it clear for people who are unfamiliar with the name Uluru.

annk

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Somewhere over the rainbow
Clix Pix said:
Now that is rather a backhanded compliment, wouldn't you say?

I read it that way, too - to begin with. When I thought about it, it sounded more like abstract liked the pic, but was in addition very impressed that the poster had access to the glamorous back-stage life on a music video set! :)

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
Xax, really like the contribution to the thread. Here's mine, from a trip earlier this month to the Italian Alps (still snow!). I think the warm sky and cold ground is a nice contrast.

library2030co.jpg

Canon Optima 60 camcorder, picture mode (wish I had my camera with me!).
f/2.0
1/120

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
annk said:
I read it that way, too - to begin with. When I thought about it, it sounded more like abstract liked the pic, but was in addition very impressed that the poster had access to the glamorous back-stage life on a music video set! :)

Maybe so....

That's the problem with text-only communication: we lose out on the benefits of seeing another person's facial expressions, gestures, body language, and in hearing his or her tone of voice and modulation, so that in writing sometimes what was meant to be complimentary doesn't come across that way, regardless of the person's intent.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
annk said:

Oh man, it did sound like the way Clix Pix described, although sometimes I type out responses quickly and don't realize how they actually sound if someone were to read it.

I meant that I loved some of the photos, and it's amazing that he/she got such great access to make this sort of photography possible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.