Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
Over Achiever said:
I'd like something to do with summer as it's winding down in the northern hemisphere ... orange, heat, water, something of that nature =)
Summer is winding down? Maybe in MN, here we're still reaching our peak...:D

Applespider

macrumors G4
Original poster
Bear in mind that we do need something that everyone has some kind of chance to get a shot.

If everyone's happy to trust my judgement :eek: , then I'll probably end up filtering this list down to 6-8 (with a limit of one or two suggestions from any one person) and putting up a poll tonight - since we're already bursting with suggestions!

Any that don't go in will be v welcome to be resubmitted in Sept!

Buschmaster

macrumors 65816
Feb 12, 2006
Minnesota
nbs2 said:
Summer is winding down? Maybe in MN, here we're still reaching our peak...:D
Well, in Minnesota it's not 100+ degrees anymore! At least it wasn't yesterday and it shouldn't be again for a little while. Colors will really start to turn in Minnesota soon!:D

Over Achiever

macrumors 68000
Buschmaster said:
Well, in Minnesota it's not 100+ degrees anymore! At least it wasn't yesterday and it shouldn't be again for a little while. Colors will really start to turn in Minnesota soon!:D
It sure was a crazy end to July, nothing like 100 degree weather one day and 70 degree weather the next with nonstop rain, then lower 80s all week. I love Minnesota!

Buschmaster

macrumors 65816
Feb 12, 2006
Minnesota
Over Achiever said:
It sure was a crazy end to July, nothing like 100 degree weather one day and 70 degree weather the next with nonstop rain, then lower 80s all week. I love Minnesota!
Tell me about it, how many straight days were over 90, or even 100? Our AC was doing everything it could, but it certainly wasn't enough. And I missed out on a lot of days of taking pictures because of how hot it was.:mad:

But hey, I could never live somewhere where it was always the same temperature.

Over Achiever

macrumors 68000
Buschmaster said:
But hey, I could never live somewhere where it was always the same temperature.
I was at San Francisco a week ago ... I don't think I'd mind that constant 60s and 70s. Nothing like a one hour drive to San Jose for 90s, and another hour to the mountains for snow (during the winter).

But San Francisco is a nice place! I'm moving to Toledo (just found out today) ... not sure how the weather is going to be like there.

Applespider

macrumors G4
Original poster
OK... The poll is now up and running til Monday morning

I've trimmed it down to 8 suggestions.

I took out 'Food' since it was very like 'Edible' last month and a few where they might be tough to interpret. 'Yellow' in its simplicity did get the best ever response!

Incidentally, I left out 'Portraits' because in the past, there's been lots of 'discussion' about how to handle people in assignments. There were many views that getting 'models' who were comfortable with having pictures posted online could be somewhat tricky for many people and the general view seemed to be anyone could use a person in an assignment but we shouldn't force it on anyone. If there are lots of people who do want to shoot Portraits, it might be worth setting up a Gallery for them so that people can start participating with them if they want to.

Anyhow... let's see what wins and then we can get shooting!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.