Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bibulous

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2005
Antique Coffee Mill

IMG_0022.jpg

spydr

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2005
MD
atari1356 said:
gate_latch.jpg

The latch to my patio gate, taken today (Sept. 16, 2006)

Canon 350d with 50mm f1/8 lens
aperture f/4
shutter speed 1/250
ISO 400
Terrific shot! Very nice composition!

beatzfreak

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2006
NYC
BurtonCCC said:
Any chance you could take the same picture again, but not cut off the far doorknob? Cutting things off like that is a big no-no. Please fix it and it'll be darn-near perfect!

Daniel.

Its' not cut off, there is a space; you can see it in the original size. But your right, it doesn't really flow very well.

Unfortunately, there is a dark brick wall behind the far door. I didn't want it in the shot, but a faint outline of the edge of the door might work.

I'll try again this afternoon, when the lighting is right; just for fun, but I don't think I'm allowed to post two of the same shot in one assignment.

Thanks for your comments. This is exactly the kind of feedback a noob like me needs.

Applespider

macrumors G4
Original poster
I think my favourite two are the simple latch (which just leaps out of the page) and the entrance to the bedroom which manages to suggest so much more - although I'm not entirely sure I'd have seen the door knob as the subject of that one.

Here's my contribution... more of a handle than a knob per se

handle.jpg

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
annk said:
Taken yesterday, just in the nick. :)

The front door of our house in Sweden.

1/160 @ f 3.5
44 mm
ISO 400

IMG_2654.jpg
This one is good, but I think you should enter the one you just posted in the Picture of the Day thread. My 2 cents.

annk

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Somewhere over the rainbow
gauchogolfer said:
This one is good, but I think you should enter the one you just posted in the Picture of the Day thread. My 2 cents.

I was about to, then I thought, "Well, it isn't really a doorknob", and then I thought, "Oh, I already posted it in another thread." :eek:

But here it is, taken yesterday - the hatch on the garage/barn at the house in Sweden:

IMG_2597.jpg

simie

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2004
Sitting
Gate Knob

Sony A100
Aperture F4
Focal length (35) 30mm
Shutter 1/40
ISO 200

Converted to BW in Aperture

Attachments

• knob.jpg
    knob.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 98

snap58

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2006
somewhere in kansas
annk said:
I was about to, then I thought, "Well, it isn't really a doorknob", and then I thought, "Oh, I already posted it in another thread." :eek:

But here it is, taken yesterday - the hatch on the garage/barn at the house in Sweden:]

Love the texture / detail and colors in this, nice job!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.