Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emiliano_

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2017
Hello guys I hope you're fine .

I've probably found a solution xD

go in your applications and open "Audio MIDI Setup"

and instead of choosing the format 44100Hz , select 48000hz.

It won't affect sound quality and I didn't noticed a strange battery life impact .

I don't know if it's THE solution but for me , I didn't eared the "tick" noise during all the night , I checked startup 7 times and no "tick" , no "tick" when audio was playing and no "tick" anymore.

Try this and tell me if it's ok for you :)

Good night bros

I'm testing :)

David58117

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2013
I have this too...

Mines a space gray I bought at launch. My wife got a silver non-TB a few days ago, and said she hasn't heard any popping yet.

I tried the changes, will see if it continues.

youness

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2016
I don't know if I eared the pop sound again , I'm not sure at one time but after 7 hours of utilisation nothing :')

let me know and thanks for your answers boys :)
[doublepost=1485607196][/doublepost]after posting my message , I performed a reboot and I noticed the pop sound from both speakers :(

I wan't to throw my self from the window :')

Do you know if there is a limit for exchanges at the Apple Store ?

it's my fourth MacBook Pro :')

Sanpete

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2016
Utah
I don't know if I eared the pop sound again , I'm not sure at one time but after 7 hours of utilisation nothing :')

[doublepost=1485607196][/doublepost]after posting my message , I performed a reboot and I noticed the pop sound from both speakers :(

Just to be sure, check your Audio MIDI setting to see if it reverted when you rebooted.

emiliano_

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2017

It doesn't solve the issue, I still hear that sound :(

youness

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2016
I think the problem doesn't come from the speakers xD

I put headphones , and when I tried to reboot for testing , I eared the tick in the headphones .

So what ? :'( it's the motherboard ?

I'm tired for all this :eek:

santicpo

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2017
Hello guys I hope you're fine .

I've probably found a solution xD

go in your applications and open "Audio MIDI Setup"

and instead of choosing the format 44100Hz , select 48000hz.

It won't affect sound quality and I didn't noticed a strange battery life impact .

I don't know if it's THE solution but for me , I didn't eared the "tick" noise during all the night , I checked startup 7 times and no "tick" , no "tick" when audio was playing and no "tick" anymore.

Try this and tell me if it's ok for you :)

Good night bros
Do you have some news? I don't checked this option until now. Next 2nd of March I have an appointment with a Genius Bar

youness

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2016
The problem still present and the option in audio midi setup didn't solved the issue .
I hope the next Sierra update will do something.

In apple bug report ,I opened a case and they marked it :"Engineering has determined that your bug report (30375539) is a duplicate of another issue (27481043) and will be closed."

Can you tell me the results of the appointment please ?

have a nice day :)

santicpo

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2017
The problem still present and the option in audio midi setup didn't solved the issue .

In apple bug report ,I opened a case and they marked it :"Engineering has determined that your bug report (30375539) is a duplicate of another issue (27481043) and will be closed."

Sure. I'll be there in a week

Calby

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2015
Sweden, Gävle

That means that this maybe are a software issue.
If they thought it was a hardware issue they use to write that to you to take it for repair.

I have replaced 3 machines and the same issue on all of them.
So I don't think it's hardware issue, it's to wide spread for it.
I think that everyone got it but some people not notice it.

Did I understand you correctly when you did write in a other post in this thread that when you did plugin headphones you did hear the pop sound in the headphones?
If that's the case it's not a hardware issue if the sound change place from the speakers to the headphones.

santicpo

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2017
Did I understand you correctly when you did write in a other post in this thread that when you did plugin headphones you did hear the pop sound in the headphones?
If that's the case it's not a hardware issue if the sound change place from the speakers to the headphones.

Hearing a pop during a plugin of headphones is very common, I believe. I use to hear with my iPhone or Huawei. I think it's a typical discharge...

youness

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2016
Thanks for your answers and yes the noise comes through headphones too when they are plugged this is why I supposed it was a software issue .

If you have some news let me know it please :)

santicpo

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2017
Thanks for your answers and yes the noise comes through headphones too when they are plugged this is why I supposed it was a software issue .

If you have some news let me know it please :)
Until Thursday... No news...

Calby

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2015
Sweden, Gävle
In my opinion, it's a software issue, for example with chrome instead of safari I hear the sound more often...

It's not a software issue, the eneegners at apple are working with me on this issue.
They don't know what it is, according to them and the AASP it's not a Software issue.

They don't know what it is.

I did replace my MBP 2015 to a MBP 2016 again and it's the same issue, but it was build January so it's maybe something in the factory I don't know - as soon as I know I let you know.

emiliano_

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2017
It's not a software issue, the eneegners at apple are working with me on this issue.
They don't know what it is, according to them and the AASP it's not a Software issue.

They don't know what it is.

Please let us know as soon you have updated... thank you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.