Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Silly John Fatty

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 6, 2012
So I made this song on Garageband on my iPad.

I then opened it on my Mac, because I wanted to automate the Release of one of the synths, which you can't on the iPad.

The weird thing is that since I played around with the Release and the automation, the Release seems to do whatever it wants. As if I had recorded the toying around of the automation. And now I can't get rid of that.

There's no automation that was recorded. The lines are straight. But the Release still does what it wants and goes crazy. I also can't undo anything, it changes nothing.

I think I know how I'll be able to fix it, but I was just posting this to see if anyone knows what's happening here. Is this a glitch? Or an intended feature I've misused by accident perhaps?

MajorFubar

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2021
Lancashire UK
It's a bit difficult to say, but if there is no automation then the release time should be staying whatever you set it at. Can you actually. see the release knob on the smart conrrols moving?

Reactions: Silly John Fatty

Silly John Fatty

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 6, 2012
It's a bit difficult to say, but if there is no automation then the release time should be staying whatever you set it at. Can you actually. see the release knob on the smart conrrols moving?

That's how it should be, but I could actually see it moving and doing random things.

I've come to the conclusion that GarageBand just isn't suited for this kind of things.

I've now automated the Transform Pad of a synth (record + moving the mouse arrow across the pad) and it's sadly very glitchy during the playback. The path I went with the mouse absolutely isn't smooth at all, it's extremely fizzy and glitchy.

I think this is too much for GarageBand. I'll have to reinstall Logic Pro at some point.

Reactions: StoneJack
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.