Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
You should be able to get whatever version of Al Dente that you would like - this list goes all the way back to original version 1.0
(click on "Assets" to show an install .dmg for whatever version you might be looking for. You are on your own to discover which hardware and operating systems are supported on those older downloads. Might be available within the .dmg, IDK.)

Reactions: zoran

Checksix2x

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2015
I will be having the MBPro in charger almost constantly, so im interested in the best charging method for the longevity of my battery... what would that be?
I've had my MBP 16" 64/2GB since 2/27. For the most part, the laptop has been plugged in. When I first started it, it showed to have 2 cycles. Today, it still shows 2 cycles.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
I like to follow a rule: "treat your battery nicely". Use it as a battery, now and then: Maybe once a month, disconnect from the charger, and use it as an actual portable device for an hour or two. I like getting it down below 40% charge, around 20% is probably a good goal. You're giving the battery a bit of exercise. Plug it back in to fully charge (or use the 80% value as your goal. Your OS will even remember what you did, and use 80% as a sort-of shelf, where the charging stops, not quite fully charged. And - your battery will thank you by giving back (in theory) longer useful life for your battery.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
You are on your own to discover which hardware and operating systems are supported on those older downloads. Might be available within the .dmg, IDK.)
Thanx Delta but there is no version that works for HSierra and i cant seem to find the developer's info in order to contact and ask :-(

Honza1

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2013
US
Thanx Delta but there is no version that works for HSierra and i cant seem to find the developer's info in order to contact and ask :-(
This makes no sense. Your original question was about M1 MBP. You cannot run HSierra on M1 MBP.

Reactions: DeltaMac

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
AlDente Pro now offers the ability to schedule different tasks (daily, weekly, monthly etc.) like battery calibration.

Raebo

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2021
Initially I just used the optimization that came with my MacBook Pro but after a couple months it seemed to stay on 100%. I then tried to manually plug/unplug it and tried to keep it below 80% but that became a big hassle.
I was hesitant in trying Al Dente but after all the positive comments from users (I don’t recall ever reading a negative comment except maybe from someone trying to set up) I decided to give the free version a try. It seemed like a very solid utility so I bought the “pro” version. Now I don’t even think about my battery health unless I read a post about it and my battery health is still excellent.I generally keep my MacBook Pro plugged in and use it on battery a couple hours a week.
I really expected the included optimization to be similar to Al Dente.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.