Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
I don't know from where you get that the K10D will soon be upgraded. It's a great new camera at an excellent price.

SLC Flyfishing

Suspended
Nov 19, 2007
Portland, OR
I don't know from where you get that the K10D will soon be upgraded. It's a great new camera at an excellent price.

From Pentax themselves, January 28th will be the day of the announcement. The K10D is nearly a year old and they have to keep up with the Nikon D300 so to speak. It is a fantastic camera at a fantastic price, but it is going to be replaced by another fantastic camera (rumor is 14 megapixels and 5 frames per second) at nearly as fantastic a price.

It will be considered an update to the K10D, but as far as I know the K10D will still be available after the announcement, but in a middle position in the Pentax lineup rather than the top slot.

SLC

seahawk09

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2007
Canada
Hey G5unit,

First of all the most important thing you can do when getting into photography is not to rush thing's, making money will not be as forth coming as you like I would advise on reading some books and get tips from them then you can learn a great deal from them. I would also recommend that you go into Camera shops and talk to the people in the store there your best bet for setting you up for a good Camera and before you buy said Camera do RESEARCH on it I cant stress that enough because just buying a camera on site can be a very costly thing, meaning you may not get what you want out of said camera. I just bought a Pentax K10D DLSR and I researched it for three months and talked to many Camera shop owners about it. And dont try to push yourself into making money right away get used to taking pictures go on some workshops and just enjoy photography for now. :D

Richard

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.