Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
I"m bringing this thread back up after a year since it's inception.

Wondering if any new discoveries have been made regarding the best AirPrint Printer out there?

I never did end up purchasing a printer due to information overload and not wanting to purchase the wrong one. For all of 2019 I've just been visiting FedEx to do my printing or visiting local libraries to do my bidding, but the time has come for me to make a decision and somewhat rather quickly as I'll be needing my very own printer come Christmas time.

If I had to close my eyes and just buy one I'd probably get the Brother HL-L2395DW.

jeyf

macrumors 68020
Jan 20, 2009
i have a Brother HL L2350dw

up front it prints ios12/13 just fine out of the box, functional apple driver support

good
-low cost good quality, monochrome led unit
-prints fast, at least for what we use it for
-on a home network its a wifi printer w/o ethernet capability so no need to re wire things

Bad:
-get low toner warning but lots of prints left in cartridge, so need to lock out the sensor
-cartridge has a chip that you physically move to the 3rd party low cost toner cartridge
-setup is simple but difficult because they omit telling you things in the installation manual
-they have a phone tech support peeps work off information that is years dated
-the drum is a disposable too

do a rumors search, I wrote a detailed review when I bought it
good luck

jpn

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2003
I"m bringing this thread back up after a year since it's inception.

Wondering if any new discoveries have been made regarding the best AirPrint Printer out there?

I never did end up purchasing a printer due to information overload and not wanting to purchase the wrong one. For all of 2019 I've just been visiting FedEx to do my printing or visiting local libraries to do my bidding, but the time has come for me to make a decision and somewhat rather quickly as I'll be needing my very own printer come Christmas time.

If I had to close my eyes and just buy one I'd probably get the Brother HL-L2395DW.

good to bring it back as its still a good topic.

but still brother.
then epson.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.