Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LERsince1991

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
UK
That is a close up filter, so it is essentially the same thing as the binocular trick. If you have a pair of binoculars laying around, steal the elements out of them before you go pay money for something that does the same thing. You may find that you're fine with the image quality of the free item and you saved yourself some money.

Ah cool. Thanks for all that 'iBookG4user', you put a lot of effort into that post :p links and all. Cleared yet another thing up for me, thanks. I was just thinking along the lines of the 'close up' filter as its a bit of a neater solution in my eyes. I don't have binoculars anyway but I'd imagine these close up filters don't cost much at all?

thanks ashjamben but I think theres better offers to be had, some posted before on a samsung dSLR and if I can get an employee of canon to buy it for me I will get it half price so the 1000D would only be £230 which is pretty damn good :)

I think I've sort of settled for the 1000d now :) If I can get the discount Its a definate, if I can't then I'll be looking at the samsung previously linked and then decide.

Thanks again everyone :D
I'm well excited, I'll be getting my 2.4Ghz Alu Macbook soon from the money I go for my 18th and what I've saved up. Then my new desk will be finished within 2 weeks (check sig) and THEN I get the 1000D and I'm sorted, just need a 24" monitor to top it off (lol... never going to happen, well... I might be able to pick some extra shifts up and if I get a engineering scholarship for architecture at uni I'll be sorted for a long long time :p)

Benguitar

Jan 30, 2009
Canon Rebel XSi

xsi1.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.