Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Clix Pix said:
You should have added the all-important qualifier: "IMHO." "In My Honest Opinion."

Until very recently I didn't fit into any of these categories either...and I loveloveLOVE my new 15" 72rpm 100 GB HD 2 GB MacBook Pro.

(snip)

I agree somewhat. The fastest machine with the best resolution will be best for working in Photoshop and such. However, I also took size into consideration. I travel all the time. Lots of photographers travel a lot, but of course the majority probably don't. I'll be on a 1 week trip in July, an 8 day trip in September, and a 3 week trip to Asia (Japan, maybe!?). If they made a 13.3" MBP with a graphics card and a 2.16 GHz processor, AND the same resolution as your 15" MBP, then I'd likely think that was the best laptop for photography.

But overall, I think it would probably be more appropriate to say that a 15" MBP with the fastest, largest HD and the most RAM is probably the best overall compromise in photography. I guess you have something similar to this already, so you're lucky. Plus it's size isn't much larger than my 13.3" MB. I still love the size of my MB though.

As to the rest of your post about the best system for photography, since this thread is asking for the best laptop, not best machine, the fastest 17" MBP available may be the best if you want the resolution and do everything from home.

fozy

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 4, 2003
Aspen, CO
brokeemerican said:
is my g3 ibook 800mhz any good for digi photography
Just for the record, it's not like I can't process photos or use photoshop effectively on my 1.5 powerbook. It's just that sometimes when using adobe bridge to edit a shoot the thumbnails seam to take forever to come up or processing 10 raw files seams to drag on forever. Especially when hooked up to the 20" studio display.

jared_kipe

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2003
Seattle
fozy said:
Just for the record, it's not like I can't process photos or use photoshop effectively on my 1.5 powerbook. It's just that sometimes when using adobe bridge to edit a shoot the thumbnails seam to take forever to come up or processing 10 raw files seams to drag on forever. Especially when hooked up to the 20" studio display.
it is NOT going to be any better using a macbook or macbook pro

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.