Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chuckeee

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 18, 2023
Southern California
Based on your own personal experience, what have you found to be the best use of your AirTags?

For me:

1st Locating a lost checked bag on an airline flight (Happened only once but ended up being really important)

2nd Finding my misplaced keys

Last edited:

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
I’m following this thread because I want to see what people are using them for to decide whether to buy more.

Currently I just have one on my keys, which I actually rarely misplace, but I’ve been considering having one in my car’s glove compartment for when I park in huge lots at concerts or other big events.

I was also considering dropping them in my granddaughters’ shoes on an upcoming trip I’m taking with the two of them.

erihp

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2020
My use cases:

Car/House keys
Storage Unit keys
Backup set of all keys
Overnight/B-O-Bag
Laptop Sling
Backpack
Luggage
Eyeglasses ( Orbit x Glasses )
Bike
Wallet
Work ID Badge / 2FA Fob
Work Keyboard (custom / mechanical)

I have no idea where any of my stuff is, but I can find it now at least!

Last edited:
Reactions: Chuckeee

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
backpack, sometimes I leave it at work, if I forget it it's there or home, easy to check where it is before have to look all around the house.

appleTV remote, in a rubber case - able to easy see if it's slipped between the cushions, or I carried it off somewhere.

suitcase, some reassurance it's actually made it to my destination even before it comes out. thankfully never had to use it for a lost bag.

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
Keys
Wallet (Chipolo)
Backpacks (work and personal)

With geofencing as well, these are great.

Wando64

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2013
Keys
Wallet (Chipolo)
Backpacks (work and personal)

With geofencing as well, these are great.

Does the Chipolo card have a replaceable battery?
Would you say that in practical terms it is the same as an AirTag?

Thanks

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
Does the Chipolo card have a replaceable battery?
Would you say that in practical terms it is the same as an AirTag?

Thanks

No, but they give you a 50% discount on a replacement if you return your old one, from memory.

In practice, yes, except no UWB so no precision finding. Rough location on beeping.

Reactions: Wando64

erihp

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2020
Also, I would advise against installing any app that comes with third party trackers. You dont need the app to set them up in Find My and often the app asks for many permissions and personal data you shouldn't hand over to the manufacturer.

Last edited:

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Finding my wife's misplaced house keys, car keys, and airpods at least 2 times a week 🤣🤣

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.