Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ajpl

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2008
Nah...photoshop action is all you need.
Just open one of your image. Create an action. While it is creating proceed in to what you would do normally to add your copyright info. Once it's done. Stop your action. For batch...just go to File > Automation > Batch. Then pick the folder you want to batch and the action. That's all you have to do.
It's not as simple as that as you have to make sure it works correctly for both horizontal and vertical images, not so straighforward and also you may welll have to do different ones for different sized images.
Check this tutorial for how to do this
http://av.adobe.com/russellbrown/BrandingSM.mov

Programmes like LR/Aperture on the whole are potentially much better at such things, though LR needs to improve, sorry give some decent options re placement and size.

Cliff3

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
SF Bay Area
Programmes like LR/Aperture on the whole are potentially much better at such things, though LR needs to improve, sorry give some decent options re placement and size.

See my post earlier in this thread for a link to a Lightroom plug-in that uses ImageMagick to provide watermark, border, and text support for exported files. Its price ranges from free to cheap.

Pyrotechnic

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2009
United Kingdom
All that said "why bother". The law gives you copyright even if you don't mark the content.
Im sure the law in your country is the same as here, not worth much really when it comes to stuff like this. I have the ability to take pictures in areas that others are not allowed to get into. However, I am more interested in photography than making money from it. The trouble is, I was asked recently to remove a photo from my site, a photo I had taken myself. It turns out someone had downloaded my picture and sold it on for £100 and then I get told it aint mine.

I obviously put the person straight and told them they better get the money back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.