Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ezoolander33

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 17, 2019
Hello I recently bought a iPhone 4 from eBay for cheap and was informed it was icloud locked and like the idiot I am decided to take that on as a challenge to see if I could restore full or most of the usage back to it I don't really care about cell service but it would be a plus to have the option that being said however after hours of reading articles and making custom ipsw with deleted setup.app files I still don't have anything but a locked iPhone that is mocking me I saved a custom ipsw that I created using fce 365 and the iphone wiki and none to shockingly the hashes no longer match after I replaced the disc image and tested it also iTunes won't update it either with the custom ipsw and I've tried iTunes 9-12 with no luck if there is any way for me to load my custom ipsw for free onto my iPhone please let me know or if there's a simpler exploit that isn't the ramdisk exploit as that also did not work as it told me my phone was not supported.

thanks for your time guys
[doublepost=1566073402][/doublepost]also I forgot to mention it's a 3,1 GSM model the one with the sim card tray just to clearify

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.