Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

svenmany

macrumors demi-god
Jun 19, 2011
I take it people didn't read the months of reviews, videos and photos already taken before they were complaining, instead leaving to have a moan at apple and submit or not submit feedback AFTER beta is over?

I didn't. You can't really tell how the OS will appear in use by looking at videos and photos of it. Also, it takes time to get used to things before formulating a stable opinion. Some things I initially hated and now I'm OK with them.

You are suggesting that people should not submit feedback after a product is released. I don't think I've ever heard anyone else suggest that. Perhaps you're just trolling for a reaction since it's such a bizarre point of view.

BigPotatoLobbyist

macrumors 6502
Dec 25, 2020
IMO Windas 11's fluent design even with some transparency and **** just looks a world away from iOS and MacOS in terms of eye strain and legibility on a plain glance. It's not just the white colors and transparency, it's like Apple increasingly design for some thin veneer of sophistication what with the impossibly tiny text and buttons but yet unnecessarily blow up the actual program icons used to launchv software.

IMO this is the wrong direction. A great example is the Safari search bar on iOS and iPadOS, vs the actual Safari icon. Just makes no damn sense from a UX perspective.

zevrix

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 10, 2012
I think some UI designers at Apple have a huge sign on their wall:

Make things WEIRD, not useful

Reactions: idktbh

IceStormNG

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2020
The probably just designed it for sake of design. Not with usability in mind. Designing something that looks great in a presentation and something that looks great and works great are two different things.

Apparently, the first one is cheaper and less work.

And look. People are still buying Macs. Sure some complain here and there. But as long as money is flowing, Apple won't do anything. They will just continue to make the Mac an iPad with mouse control and call it a day. I'm already worrying about how many iterations they will wait before they start to fully lock down the Mac. They already made it a more and more a pain to install software. And dare you if you want to have a driver...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.