Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TracerAnalog

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2012
And so the long list of "mine doesn't seem perfect, is it a problem?" posts begins...

Let me take a picture of a screen in a room with a camera then compress it and post it and you can view it on a different screen in a different room. Then we can assume what you're now seeing with your eyes is the same as what I saw with my eyes.

Not a criticism of the OP, but I can't help but find this humorous every time.
… And so the long list of posts by people who hope to start an new ‘fill in the blank’-gate begins…

aevan

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2015
Serbia
Just got the new 11 inch and where there is extremely bright white (picture attached) I see what seems like blooming. And it almost has a bit of a hue. I may be crazy - Has anyone else seen this on their unit when playing video?

This is not blooming, it’s the fact that you have glowing pixels that emit light surrounded by darkness. That’s just how our eyes work. It’s the same with my OLED TVs.

Blooming on Mini LED and LCDs with dimming zones displays is different, the affected area is larger and it looks like a grayish splotch beneath the screen.

In fact, I’ve had OLED TVs for a while and when people talked how they didn’t have blooming compared to, say, TVs with dimming, I was always a bit surprised… Until I got my Mini LED iPad Pro, which was the first screen with dimming zones that I saw. It wasn’t terrible (in fact, it’s an amazing screen) - but only then did I realize what blooming actually is. And your example is not it - it’s just regular… erm - glow :)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.