Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

naan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2017
Hello!

I'm trying to install Mavericks in an old MBP 15" 2007 in which I have a Snow Leopard OS. I'm trying to do it from a bootable USB disk but I'm getting nowhere. I've done this exact same installation with the same USB device with 2 other different MBP 15" 2007 and it has work perfectly.

Now, when I reboot the system and press the option key it recognizes the disk from which I have the Mavericks install software with zero problems, but then I choose the USB bootable disk so I would give the option to install and it boots directly to the snow leopard desktop like a regular boot.
I've tried change the OS to another USB device, repair permissions and other minor stuff, but I don't know what to do next.
Any suggestions?

Thanks!

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Not sure why it isn't working, but as a workaround you can copy the Install Mavericks dmg file to your Snow Leopard desktop and upgrade directly from there.

If you want to do a clean install, you can hold CMD+R on startup after Mavericks is installed, as the 10.9 install will update the recovery partition. From there, wipe the internal drive through Disk Utility and select Reinstall OS X.

naan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2017
Mhhh, I don't have a dmg file, I have what is in the image, and when I try to install from it it says it's not an allowed method...

Attachments

• captura de pantalla.jpeg
    captura de pantalla.jpeg
    32.6 KB · Views: 256

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Mhhh, I don't have a dmg file, I have what is in the image, and when I try to install from it it says it's not an allowed method...

Do you have it in your Purchases on the App Store? If you do, download it through that and then install it.

Otherwise if you acquired a bootable USB for it, I'd acquire the Install OS X 10.9 install file instead. This is the file that goes to the Applications folder after downloading it through the App Store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.