Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which brand lets you express your photographic personality the most freely?

• Total voters

Fortimir

macrumors 6502a
Sep 5, 2007
Indianapolis, IN
I think the poll options would have been more telling if it read:

Canon
Nikon
Other

...or, you know... actually even put Nikon and Canon on that list.

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
I think the poll options would have been more telling if it read:

Canon
Nikon
Other

...or, you know... actually even put Nikon and Canon on that list.

Well... that was the point... sort of. Other than, or in addition to... Cakon or Ninon, what's yer brand of choice?

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Guys... where's your sense of humor? Every other poll has Nikon and Canon, and they dominate those polls. Often those other polls leave out certain brands that other folks use, like Pentax, Leica, Bronica, Hasselblad, Fujica, etc. so the OP decided to have a poll emphasizing a few other brands, relegating you-know-who to the famous "other" category.

Techguy172

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2007
Ontario Canada
I love my sony, the grip is amazing and so is battery life. I'm glad i didn't go with another brand although it was tight between the Pentax K200D and the Sony. I just like the feel of the sony better.

SLC Flyfishing

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 19, 2007
Portland, OR
How can you have a poll like this and not include the two largest brands, Canon and Nikon. I just switched to Nikon from Canon.

Well I think the typical reply is something along the lines of "when you buy into a brand, you are buying into a system in which you will be stuck in, not unlike a marriage". Did I forget some camera systems? Oh well, I got enough of them that there's a large enough selection. If I left any off they're unimportant, these are the ones in which I believe the systems are worth buying into! Any not on this list are in my opinion; not likely to be here in 10 years. Stick with the big names :D

SLC

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.