Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
Yeah but would that still be called a "Pro?" Idk.

No idea. But it’s certainly possible that if they’re replacing the Pro with a new machine they also call it a Pro. Especially if the specs are superior in several categories.

theluggage

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2011
Yeah but would that still be called a "Pro?" Idk.

Sigh.

The thread starter just said they were considering a MacBook Pro. TB or non-TB was not specified.

The non-TB was not updated in July, and it’s entirely plausible that any rumoured new “affordable” laptop - whatever it gets called - could be going to effectively replace it, or at least be of serious interest to someone currently considering a non-TB MBP - who would therefore be advised to wait a couple of weeks if possible.

Oh, and a MacBook Pro is whatever Apple decide to sell as a “MacBook Pro” - even though TB vs non-TB is a stupid product demarcation and you might very well feel the latter could more reasonably called something else, it still says “MacBook Pro” on the box. End of. “Pro” is a marketing term, not a specification.

fokmik

Suspended
Oct 28, 2016
USA
I think the nTB along side with macbook air will be removed and a new 13" Macbook will be released

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
fix the pesky T2 issue.
I doubt they'll mention any hardware changes to the T2 since embracing it on the MBP. They may introduce a silent update on that machine. Announcing an update to the 2018 MBP will anger a lot of people went and spent nearly 3k on a machine. By announcing an update to fix the issue, they may open themselves up to lawsuits.

RandomDSdevel

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2009
Kokomo, IN
What if they announce a T3 chip and include it in a refresh? Granted, that's much more likely to be a while off, but it could help justify a spec bump.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
I doubt they'll mention any hardware changes to the T2 since embracing it on the MBP. They may introduce a silent update on that machine. Announcing an update to the 2018 MBP will anger a lot of people went and spent nearly 3k on a machine. By announcing an update to fix the issue, they may open themselves up to lawsuits.
They would have to admit it's an unrepairable issue and do a buyback recall.

Caspavio

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2018
I am planning to buy a new MacBook pro, but the October event is around the corner, but at the same time there have not been any rumors about a new or updated mbp. what do you guys think?

i guess you can gather that there will probably be no new MBP at the oct event. the real question is do you need a pro, or the rumoured updated MB/MBA can serve your needs.

Tapiture

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2016
What is this issue with the T2? Haven’t heard of it before and I’d like to know as a 2018 MBP owner. Link to an article?

malsaadi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2018
Apple just announced new MacBook Pros with Radeon Pro Vega Graphics coming next month. I guess its a good thing that I waited.

Reactions: RandomDSdevel

The Boatman

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2007
They didn’t announce new MacBook Pro’s, but they did announce a new graphics option for the higher end current MacBook Pro’s. (Vega 16 or 20 with 4GB HBM2 memory instead of the standard 560X.)

Reactions: RandomDSdevel
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.