Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ApplePearBanana

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2017
Thank you all! Considering the price of the machine and that it's so difficult to repair, I think I'll get AppleCare. You can register AppleCare anytime within the 1-year warranty, right?

davidg4781

macrumors 68030
Oct 28, 2006
Alice, TX
Yes. Get AppleCare. It’s come in handy on a few hardware issues I’ve had right towards the end of coverage. I’ve never lost money with it.

ApplePearBanana

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2017
Thought I'd add this info in case any Europeans here are interested in Apple Care:

There is still info on Apple's site that you have only 60 days from purchase of your iMac, but supposedly this was modified to one year. To be on the safe side, I wouldn't put it off too long.

https://www.apple.com/support/products/mac.html

I called Apple: In Germany (or all of Europe, don't know for sure), there are two types of Apple Care: 1. Apple Care Protection Plan for Mac computers. This can be purchased any time within the one year warranty. 2. Apple Care+ for iOS devices. This needs to be purchased within 60 days of buying the iOS device.

Apparently, this is different from the US.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.